Handbuilt wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291381272904?nav=SEARCH

Is it me or do these look, ummm, well a bit weird.

Ooppps :laugh:

Tojo

Über Member
They haven't even been laced right never mind the tensioning......:wacko: No wonder they're described as new, if you tried to ride on them it would look like something out of Billy Smart's circus....:o)I noticed they are in Grimsby, they should stick to filleting fish....:crazy:

Last edited:

Tojo

Über Member
there is definitely something wrong if you look at the 3 o'clock position and the 9, but as you say I cannot see it either, mind I've not long been in from the pub......:wacko:

S.Giles

I'd guess that in their haste to list the item, the seller took pictures before tightening the spokes. If that's the case, no big deal.

Tojo

Über Member
I still think there's something wrong with the lacing on the front one especially but can't see it right now, its doing my nut in (a couple too many pints)....I'm off to bobos....:surrender:

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I was just having a brouse, as you do, they caught my eye! I'm no expert on wheel building but they looked very odd, not sure if the photography does them much justice or they are just wrong?

ANT 666

Trying to re member
Says hand built, does not mean built by some one who knows what they are doing!
I built the wheel on my turbo bike, its round, true and reasonably well tensioned but I would not want to ride it on the roads round here.

Top Bottom