Handelbar hand pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I can cycle all day with my Cube's peloton bars, but just cycling six miles to work on the Carrera virtuoso I get wrist and palm pain.
I've tried to solve the problem by adding another layer of bar tape, but this seems to have made the problem worse?

I used to be out all day on the Carrera this time last year and had a bit of numbness that I could shake off?

Any thoughts?

Thanks Sean

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
If your hands/wrists hurt, then generally speaking, you are carrying too much weight on them.

Few things to try, check saddle angle, if it is nose down, then your weight could be shifted to your arms to stop you sliding forward.
Check your reach to the bars, if you are leaning forward more again more weight on your hands.

You may want to pull out a tape measure and compare the set up of both bikes and try to make some alterations to bring the Carrera in line with your Cube.

Also, not being familiar with both bikes, but if one has carbon forks (and frame) and the other doesnt, this could account for some discomfort as carbon forks tend to absorb some small vibrations.

OP
OP
The Brewer

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Had a few tweeks before my ride home from work this evening and it helps a bit. The Cube has carbon forks so looks like there absorbing a lot of road rumble.
Going to have a scout on Ebay for new bars

Top Bottom