Handle bar computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bealz998

I'm after a cheap computer which I can use instead of my phone as it uses up my internet usage , all I want it for is distance and time if someone can sunset any thanks

snorri

Legendary Member
A Cateye Velo 5 is probably as good as any, not the cheapest, but from a reputable manufacturer.
http://www.evanscycles.com/products...match__plid_&gclid=CJDG-f3QjbwCFazHtAod5SUAYg

OP
OP
Bealz998

Bealz998

What's better wireless or not? Does the wires chauff and get int the way

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Saw a review on these a few months back in 'cycling active' magazine. The best one they tested was the wireless boardman one which was £50 if I remember correctly. But they also tested a wired one from argos (£10) and thought it was very good.
Probably get one myself soon

MikeW-71

Veteran
What's better wireless or not? Does the wires chauff and get int the way
Not if they are installed well, wireless is neater and easier. It can be prone to interference however. When I had my Bell computer on, I was waiting behind a Peugeot at lights and the speedo was reading 53mph :laugh:

MikeW-71

Veteran
Yes, 200's are good. They use GPS for speed and distance, as they can't be paired to external sensors like the 500's can. They can still do the navigation bit though.

mark william

get a garmin they are such a better investment. if you buy one of the cheap cateye cycle computers it wont have as many of the features and you will probably find yourself wanting to upgrade soon. you can get the 200 pretty cheap. i have got a 705 and have had it for about 4 years and it is still going strong. i have also previously used the polar cycle computers but dont really rate them

Top Bottom