Handle Bar grips/Dropper post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MonsterEnergy

I am needing some handlebar grips, but can someone help me how to measure so i can get the right size grips.
Same with dropper seat post. How do i measure the seat post so i can get a new one?
Be glad of your help

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Grips are pretty much universal. The dropper is more complicated. You need the seat post diameter of your frame. It should be in the spec of the frame if you Google it. You also need to check the routing of the cable. Unless speccd for a dropper, you will probably need an external routed cable. You also need to see how much post is showing and how much can go in the frame to decide how much drop you can use. You don't want a dropper which is too long to use. I am sure someone will be able to help with the detail.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Dropper shouldn't be critical, just take a centre BB - saddle measurement and set height with dropper extended.

I don't know the market now but I had to use a sleeve on mine to upsize to the frame, at the time the options were limited though

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Grips are pretty much universal. The dropper is more complicated. You need the seat post diameter of your frame. It should be in the spec of the frame if you Google it. You also need to check the routing of the cable. Unless speccd for a dropper, you will probably need an external routed cable. You also need to see how much post is showing and how much can go in the frame to decide how much drop you can use. You don't want a dropper which is too long to use. I am sure someone will be able to help with the detail.
What do you mean by universal?
How do i measure it, as there are loads of different sizes of grips.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

I'm not as bothered about dropper seat post tbh.
I'm wanting to keep the same seat post, but just wanting a new comfier seat for longer rides, and mtb.
Anyone suggest how to measure just the seat

iluvmybike

Über Member
What do you mean by universal?
How do i measure it, as there are loads of different sizes of grips.
Most modern mtbs have the same diameter for grips - it's best to get the lock-on type so they stay nicely in place. Beyond that it is a question of what colour & how much you want to pay

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't worry with the grips. Planet X sell some good cheap lock on - I prefer lock on as they are easy to fit and remove when they wear out. They are all the same bar diameter, and most are 125mm to 130mm long, so any will do. Don't get white.

Can you post a picture showing how high your seat post is for normal riding. - As others have said you may be liited if you've got your seat quite low. Yor are looking at in excess of £100 for a dropper - Brand X are around that.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Don't worry with the grips. Planet X sell some good cheap lock on - I prefer lock on as they are easy to fit and remove when they wear out. They are all the same bar diameter, and most are 125mm to 130mm long, so any will do. Don't get white.

Can you post a picture showing how high your seat post is for normal riding. - As others have said you may be liited if you've got your seat quite low. Yor are looking at in excess of £100 for a dropper - Brand X are around that.
i will post a picture later, but it's in line with the handle bars

Top Bottom