handle bars are full

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by roadrash, 7 Aug 2012.

1. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

not mine but a mates ...he has phone computer lights etc , i told him you can get anextension for accessories but can i find one NO ,what are they called ,im begining to think ive dreamt it .....help:wacko:

2. Topeak do one (bar xtender I think ) and i think Minoura do the space grip too, there' other ones too.

3. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

thanks HLaB ive seen those but im sure ive seen one that stretches out from one side of the handlebar to the other side forming a D shape... kinda hard to explain what i mean:scratch:

4. gambatte

gambatte Middle of the pack...

I was going to say the minoura accessory bar. Mines just falen to pieces after about 4 years.
    If there is alot to get on the bars I did see one alternative - so long as theres plenty of spacers under the stem.
    A second angled stem, angled downward and a section of handlebar. Lights etc can go on this.
    Spotted it on a site about touring bikes, along with some weird handlebars alternatives
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?page_id=148091

5. Piemaster

Piemaster Guru

SJS perhaps?

6. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Too much clutter. You need a Garmin for Strava and two or three front lights (including backup). Bells, cameras, whistles and phones are a no no :laugh:

7. gambatte

Could dump the garmin and use the gps and strava on the i/android phone? get both in one.

8. gambatte

Some (most) of those look a bit steep for my pocket

9. buddha

buddha Veteran

Blimey, with all that, where does he put his hands?

10. PpPete

PpPete Guru

When you spend out for lots of handlebar accessories you need to factor in the cost of mounting them all.
    KISS works for me. Garmin and one back-up light is quite enough on the bars.
    The main light is usually on the fork crown (or on the low-riser mount if I'm not using the dyno)

Although I do sometimes use something rather like this under the bars so as to hold a small cheap bar bag at the right angle so that I can read the route sheet/map pinned to the top of it. It's a bit flimsy to hang any thing chunky off.

Putting a phone on the handlebars? Why FFS?

11. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

12. Boris Bike

Boris Bike Well-Known Member

Yeah I got me one of the Topeak ones - http://www.topeak.com/products/Xtras/BarXtender Goes on the handlebar stem.

13. gambatte

At a guess reading a maps/GPS app?

14. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

thanks for the replies guys:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice