Handlebar dropends?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Back in the 1990s Cinelli made the Spinacci small clip on bar for road racing. It was banned and died a death but the corpse had been revived by Swiss company
Zirbelaci

OP
OP
X

Xiorell

Über Member
Just a quick update on this scenario.
Ended up with drops bars.
Scored myself a new, free, Boardman Team CX. Has SRAM Apex kit with inline levers so I'll change the calipers to TRP HY/RD and call it a day.

OP
OP
X

Xiorell

Über Member
IMG_20190314_194442.jpg
sounds nice, any pics?

OP
OP
X

Xiorell

Über Member
that looks great!
how do your wrists find the hoods in that position?

There are some adjustments to be made, wasn't being to particular initially because I'll want to change a couple of minor bits before I'm riding it frequently anyway. The main one being those brakes, the BB5s gotta go! So I'll mess about with the hoods while I've got the bartape off to put in compressionless hoising. Also think I want about an 80mm stem instead of the current 100

tallbikes

Regular
Yeah the hoods looked too low for me , I could see my wrists killing me at that angle very quickly, maybe if that happens for you you'll only need to rotate the bars up a bit instead of moving the hoods , but I'm sure you have it set up the way u want by now :-)

OP
OP
X

Xiorell

Über Member
Yeah the hoods looked too low for me , I could see my wrists killing me at that angle very quickly, maybe if that happens for you you'll only need to rotate the bars up a bit instead of moving the hoods , but I'm sure you have it set up the way u want by now :-)

Actually just sorted it today, i had the bartape off to install compressionless sleeves and sorted those hoods and angle of the bars while i did it :smile:

Top Bottom