Handlebars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok...so I've just spent two hours trying to get my handlebars straight in line with the wheel...it's still a little out.

Frankly I could adjust it all night and it would still be a little out. I've decided it shall be part of her personality.

My eyes must be rubbish...not sure if they're seeing whats there or whether my brain's convincing me it's not straight. Going to lie down in a dark room :wacko:

C

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Plumb Bob needed.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Ok...so I've just spent two hours trying to get my handlebars straight in line with the wheel...it's still a little out.

Frankly I could adjust it all night and it would still be a little out. I've decided it shall be part of her personality.

My eyes must be rubbish...not sure if they're seeing whats there or whether my brain's convincing me it's not straight. Going to lie down in a dark room :wacko:

C
I had to laugh at that. I was doing the same yesterday. Get it straight, sit on the bike.............Hmmmmm..... Lets try that again....and again.:laugh:

GIOS

Questo posto è una bettola!
550px-Waxed_straight_handlebar.jpg

Bob's handlebars? For me they seem straight enough.

martint235

Dog on a bike
FWIW I prefer my handlebars to be slightly off to the left. Don't ask me why and it's fairly miniscule but it's there. If the front end of the bike is looked at by the LBS I usually have to reset my bars cos he's straightened them

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Plumb Bob needed.

Sorry, must be a bit of bike magic I dont know about. How the hell does a plumbob help get handlebars at 90degrees to the wheel ? please :wacko:

FWIW I prefer my handlebars to be slightly off to the left. Don't ask me why and it's fairly miniscule but it's there. If the front end of the bike is looked at by the LBS I usually have to reset my bars cos he's straightened them

One arm longer than the other, or offset shoulders? ;)

martint235

Dog on a bike
One arm longer than the other, or offset shoulders? ;)
No idea. I think I must have set them up badly once years ago and just got used to it. Now it feels really strange if they are set up with the stem in line with the wheel. We're only talking a mm if that out, but they are definitely out.

Biker Joe

Über Member
I usually shut one eye and line up the bars with the ends of forks, looking down, then check with the other eye. Takes a minute.
I know what would happen if I tried that:-
Blink, blink, blink...............................................later the same day. Blink, swear, blink, swear, blink.

Top Bottom