Hands up if you've ever gone to a job interview and...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I ride in to central London and some ( most) of our offices are not cycle friendly at all with no showers. the construction sites and welfare facilities are , but not our main offices. I pay £30 a month for swim membership at a GLL pool which means for less than a pound a day I have showers available after my ride in and get to swim before work , sometimes after if I feel like it. best of all it essentially gives me free swimming at the weekend when I go to the pool with the kids ( free again)
I've heard some of the chain-brand gyms in central do "shower only" memberships.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I didn't need to in my last job. It was a boarding school and had it's own swimming pool. Showers were hardly a problem when one of the perks of the job was free swimming pool and gym access! ;)

I'd make an exception for you though :tongue:

Debade

Über Member
The LEED environmental building certification includes points for bicycling facilities. (It's a point system for earning their certification) Those companies that want to invest in good environmental stewardship should be interested you want to support their environmental investment. Lots of other benefits from fit employees including fewer sick days, higher productivity, etc. Perhaps there is a way to remind your perspective employer that you will bring this to the job.

Top Bottom