Hands-up; Who forgot their Wedding anniversary this morning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I reckon that's just lame! We're not into marketing BS either, so use those dates as an excuse to cook a nice meal, drink good wine, and spend some time with each other. I know that you can do that any time, but it's good to have a reminder...

Maybe MacB does his family a favour on these occasions and drags his sorry arse off elsewhere so they can have some fun without old Mr Mardy-pants in the way.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Maybe MacB does his family a favour on these occasions and drags his sorry arse off elsewhere so they can have some fun without old Mr Mardy-pants in the way.

I'm impressed, i didn't think it was possible for you to keep plummeting in my estimation, and it's Droopy Dawers not Mardy Pants

U

User482

I reckon we're unlikely to agree on this then, the day I need a marketing ploy to remind me how to behave is the day I give up all hope.

We're not totally heartless, we do Mothers and Fathers days for our parents, just haven't indoctrinated our kids into the practice.

No, the marketing ploy is to get you to buy stuff you don't want or need. Instead, we choose to mark these occasions by celebrating our relationship. I think that's a nice thing to do.

Do you give presents for birthdays and Christmas? If so, why?

The only year I forgot our anniversary so did Mrs ArDee.

We went round to her parents in the evening and they gave us an envelope, it wasn't until we opened it and there was an anniversary card inside that we remembered.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
No, the marketing ploy is to get you to buy stuff you don't want or need. Instead, we choose to mark these occasions by celebrating our relationship. I think that's a nice thing to do.

Do you give presents for birthdays and Christmas? If so, why?

Shall I save you the trouble of going round the houses chipping away and just say, yes we're not totally consistent. We do birthdays and Xmas for the kids, but not for each other.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I think you're doing a good job ....

Cheers FF, takin' that as a compliment! :smile:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i had subtle reminders dropped about 2 weeks ago so very hard to ignore , but easily done

we went to see last part of harry potter and a cheap deal at local chippy for tea , romance is not dead here

We always play ours down, because we got married on 12/6/1982, and my brother was a medic in the Falklands on HMS Glamorgan.

Unfortunately his ship was hit by an Exocet at almost the same time as we were doing the vows.

He was fine physically, but still has flashbacks etc.

As a result we always do something personal, but we have never mad it a big thing.

U

User482

Shall I save you the trouble of going round the houses chipping away and just say, yes we're not totally consistent. We do birthdays and Xmas for the kids, but not for each other.
So not really a point of principle then...

Top Bottom