Hands-up; Who forgot their Wedding anniversary this morning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark_Robson

MY wife forgot ours this month.

I expect you 2 miserable bastards don't believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny either.

Don't tell me you've fallen for the oldest cartel in history. Tooth fairy, Santa, easter Bunny, Sandman etc.. are all in it together. My kids have been aware of this shameless exploitation since they were old enough to understand. They laugh at kids who are sucked into their wily expolitive ways. All those 'free' gifts have to repayed you know.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Buford Ezekiel Crackle with young master Meriwether Gideon Crackle upon the occasion of Christmas morn...

3667482653_ae9b146ee7.jpg

"Upon my soul, let the galliardise commence - hand this galactophagist a modest piece of coal for his amusement"

I go with the special surprise this evening - dinner out at a posh restaurant or a show, anything that is more extravagent than you would normally stretch to - but just tell her to get ready to go out and keep it a surprise till you walk through the restaurant door. That way doing nothing this morning was just part of the build up to the surprise.

By 22 years I would have thought you would be familiar with all these techniques.

Bluebell72

Just laughing at 3bikes McGinty's post :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Now a question, if you have been with someone for years, and you celebrate your anniversary, if you get married, do you celebrate that instead of? I mean, you may be together 18 years, that's a long time, if you have just a 'first wedding anniversary' it kind of takes you back to zero, no?

subaqua

What’s the point
the reminder pinged up in outlook this morning for the anniversary next week.

http://tibbels.com/wiki/attachments/RegTibbels/ValueCards/TescoValueAnniversaryCardBlank-1.pdf

I have the card already :becool:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I expect you 2 miserable bastards don't believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny either.

Pah, you don't even come close, I watch something like Grumpy Old Men and think lightweights. What else? well, I don't sing, I never dance, not even in an embarrassing Dad way and I could cheerfully garotte anyone showing excessive cheerfullness in my presence. If they're the type that also likes to say things like 'I'm mad I am', I'll only partially garotte them, then revive them just to give them a ray of hope before I finish the job.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Pah, you don't even come close, I watch something like Grumpy Old Men and think lightweights. What else? well, I don't sing, I never dance, not even in an embarrassing Dad way and I could cheerfully garotte anyone showing excessive cheerfullness in my presence. If they're the type that also likes to say things like 'I'm mad I am', I'll only partially garotte them, then revive them just to give them a ray of hope before I finish the job.
Don't do it too cheerfully then, or you'll have to garotte yourself!
smile.gif

U

User482

wimp, here we don't do mothers day, fathers day, valentines, wedding anniversary, or any other made up, marketing driven, excuse to try and fleece people via a guilt trip.

I reckon that's just lame! We're not into marketing BS either, so use those dates as an excuse to cook a nice meal, drink good wine, and spend some time with each other. I know that you can do that any time, but it's good to have a reminder...

Night Train

Maker of Things
I did wedding anniversaries when I was married.

Not sure what the etiquet is for just going out with someone for more then a year. First date? First Kiss? First....?

Life can just be one long celebration of the one you're with.:smile:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I reckon that's just lame! We're not into marketing BS either, so use those dates as an excuse to cook a nice meal, drink good wine, and spend some time with each other. I know that you can do that any time, but it's good to have a reminder...

I reckon we're unlikely to agree on this then, the day I need a marketing ploy to remind me how to behave is the day I give up all hope.

We're not totally heartless, we do Mothers and Fathers days for our parents, just haven't indoctrinated our kids into the practice.

Top Bottom