Hands up who has got...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

monkeypony said:
They're very handy those flags. They warn cyclists and other road users that the driver has a very low IQ and should be given a wide berth.
Just about the most snobbish comment i've read in a long time... Just wow.

johnnyh

Veteran
I do think it sad that in this country we are made to feel embarrassed of associating with our flag, and we seem ashamed of having a national identity.
Is this political correctness gone to far? Do we really think it is offensive?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It's not offensive, no, but it just all seems a bit 'manufactured'. Now, if everyone had an old flag that was a treasured posession that they took out on special occasions, blew the dust off it and hung it out the window, fine, but all this plastic mullarkey? It'll all end up in a tip somewhere, and archaeologists several zillion years from now will be poring over a squashed plastic george cross bowler hat and ascribing some mystical/ceremonial/religious interpretation to it. :biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
No for me as well,not a good look IMO.Used to have footie stuff in my car windows when I was early 20's but not now,too many dodgy away trips means it's easy to be identified as 'the enemy':smile:

potsy

Rambler
alecstilleyedye said:
a house down the road has had huge st george's and union flags out for a couple of weeks now.

outside of the tournament, it makes the place look like a right wing meeting venue…
There were loads on cars a few weeks ago and I was thinking 'there a bit early for the World cup:wacko:) turned out it was St Georges' Day:blush:

No flag but I have been tempted by this
england-road.png

Also been out with the rebuilt bike trailer today (now XXL) to the tip recycling centre and having been sat behind a car at lights with a flag on it thought that would be good warning flag for the back of the trailer.

sheddy

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
a house down the road has had huge st george's and union flags out for a couple of weeks now.…

Its a field hospital, prepared for the punchups and brawls later in the tournament

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
johnnyh said:
haha maybe so, but could it perhaps be that we are all a little retentive and don't like to express ourselves?

... [shuffles feet nervously and stares at floor, blushing]
:laugh:

Top Bottom