Handy bits of Kit - what's yours ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
I've just got a rear basket - amazing, can take a loaf of bread home without squashing it in my pannier:
https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/p...a=X&ei=lX8sUcDnGefH0QXekYA4&ved=0CFYQ8wIwAjgK

Other handy bits of kit - I keep a pair of latex gloves in my seat post bag for chain offs, multi tool, tyre levers, a tin of puncture repair squirty stuff.

In summer I keep baby wipes for the oil on leg problen (sorry SatNav.S.S.O!).

Seriously? You carry talcum powder? I can imagine situations where that might take some explaining!
yep - used to carry talc on tour. great for dealing with excessive sweating (or at least chaffing from said sweating) from cycling all day in hot/humid conditions.
did get caught once though trying to apply it. usually I would stop on a quiet road and apply talc to my backside (speficially where certain beads of sweat would roll)... but on one occasion, having stopped, balanced the fully laden tourer between my legs, dug into my barbag, made sure no vehicles where around, I removed my glove, put some talc on my hand and was about to put said hand down the back of my shorts when I heard a car aprroaching from behind :whistle: ... wait for car to pass and as I put my hand down my shorts, the car stops and the driver & passenger get out and start walking back towards us...:ohmy: turned out we had been recognised by a belgian couple we had met a few weeks earlier - one of whom is a student nurse.

Top Bottom