Handy bits of Kit - what's yours ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
What exactly can you repair on the road with zip ties? I'm struggling to think of anything.

What exactly can you repair on the road with zip ties? I'm struggling to think of anything.
pretty much anything you can imagine if you have some handy wood you can strap to the side...
for us it was my light fitting (and more than once with a different bike & different light).

currently my most useful item is my multitool because I keep finding nuts that have worked themselves loose again.

Arsen Gere

Über Member
A bit of kit - sort of - I keep in the garage is an old cable tie that I cut off.

I use a match to set fire to the end and apply the melted plastic to the ends of cables to stop them fraying. You can also apply the same stuff to mudguard rod ends and anything you want weather protected or smoothed over.

What bits of handy kit do you like ?

I like my Topeak Hexus II multi tool with tyre levers and chaintool built in; the tyre levers finally met their match though with the stock tyres on the Viking (but so did others levers), I like it so much I went out and bought another one.
I like a quick link too, so small there's no capacity problem and its there for an emergency.
I also like my Cateye EL410 and quite often carry it as it outputs a decent level of light and is pretty compact to carry and the built in bracket meens less to lose :blush:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Didn't add the two quicklinks (1 x 8 speed, 1 x 9 speed) Crank Bros multi-tool (very good), couple of cable ties, bit of card (emergency tyre boot).

yello

Tyre levers. If I'm having to stop for a mechanical then it'll probably be those I need. And, in a similar vein, the spanner and allen key for the chain tugs on my fixed.

For non-mechanical stops, I'd say loo paper. French public loos rarely seem to have any!

Top Bottom