1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happiness

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by beanzontoast, 3 Jan 2008.

1. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

What's the secret of it in your experience?

2. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

A good "pony" taking 30 minutes with a decent magazine to read and no interruptions?

3. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

is that a fiddle or a shoot?

4. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

Must be the latter, I don't think you actually need to *read* for the former...

Just noticed my Yule hat is still there, best go and get it surgically removed...

5. Globalti

A Pony and trap!

Not a Tommy Tank!

6. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

ah, i'm one of those dump and go in 3mins kind of blokes. i don't feel a need to sit and read and bond with my shoot after it's dropped!

7. Globalti

What's the best magazine to read?

My regulars: Singletrackworld, Private Eye, Sunday Times colour supplements, Land Rover Owner. I can keep LRO going for a full two-week business trip if I resort to reading all the ads for spare parts etc.

8. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

A comfortable ride.

9. OP
    OP
    beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

Having once endured 25 miles on a cheapo gel seat :biggrin: :biggrin: , I know what you mean...

10. Take life as it is what is is and what will be will be. Youve only got one life so makt it a good one.

11. Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

Appreciate what you have.

12. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Accept things for what they are, and don't set your expectation levels too high. Well that is what i was told anyway:biggrin:

13. OP
    OP
    beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

Disgruntled - BTFB - I like it... Be happy with life and enjoy what you have.

Mrs B has just made me sit through 'Escape to the Country' :biggrin: :biggrin: xx(

Ok, if I had loads of dough, I might want to have a nicer house, but would I really want them to make a tv programme about me looking for it?

Yuk!

14. Forget the house - just settle for a new pair of trainers! :sad:

Don't believe BTfB - just wave a ripe chav under his nose to get the true 'KERAaaaaang!' :sad:

15. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

I think the secret to happiness (still rather illusive a lot of the time) is the epicurean ideas of good friends, enough to get by and knowing about yourself through an analysed life. I do think a lot of it is true and it is remarkable that someone thought that such a very long time ago.