Happy Cyclists of the A21

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
ianrauk said:
Oi you cheeky bast... I was shown that route by a fellow forumite..;)

me too...a forumite with a Bent...from memory, now who could that have been??:smile:

I've avoided it of recent tho as I like the down hill at Lewhsham hill (loampit) and didnt like the surface on the road...very lumpy...but I gather it had been manicured now?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Some of it has been resurfaced, but not the bits near the A2 and the A20.

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
jonny jeez said:
me too...a forumite with a Bent...from memory, now who could that have been??:smile:

Another 'bentrider round these parts? Clearly I've missed him. Let me guess, about 6' 2", slender build, devastatingly handsome? :hello:

All right, I fess up. Though in my defence, if you look at the 33 to 38 minute section of my graph, you can clearly see the wait as I hold for the lights at the Amersham Arms, the slow climb to join Lewisham Way, cresting at the pedestrian crossings, and getting caught in the lights twice on the way down to Loampit.

I offer this as proof that I no longer use this route, and am happy to bequeath it to Ian who has shown it such favour. ;)

I miss you guys *sob*, I really do.

I head in the opposite direction from Bromley stn now, up Westmoreland Road on my way to Thornton Heath. However we are moving offices in a year, perhaps I'll be part of the A21 posse once again...heady days, heady days....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There's a song in there somewhere if I ever heard one..

Twenty Inch said:
I miss you guys *sob*, I really do.

I head in the opposite direction from Bromley stn now, up Westmoreland Road on my way to Thornton Heath. However we are moving offices in a year, perhaps I'll be part of the A21 posse once again...heady days, heady days....

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

BentMikey said:
I met a chap called Paul tonight, on a white CBoardman, who said he'd been riding really really fast with you one night!!

We had a sprint along a short section of the A2, then he turned up the hill and I followed Ian's chicken out of the hill detour via Brookmill Road. Hopefully he will come on here, I was telling him about the forum.

I met Paul again tonight. He's got a very good pace going, and we kept abreast for a very pleasant few miles from Lewisham. I was on the already heavy Panzerfiets (now resplendent with fatty Marathon+ / Supreme tyres) and lugging a laptop in the pannier. He was on a very nice carbon Boardman, and making a better go of it than me :biggrin:

Knackered by the time we parted at Bromley Hill. Phew! :biggrin:

He's on here now, and will hopefully spot this thread. I'd remember his username, but my heart was thumping too loud to hear it :wacko:

Hopefully we can get him out on a Sunday London Ride too. Seems a very pleasant bloke.

nipmeister

Hi guys, real pleasure to meet you both - as a newbie to cycling i've been pleasantly surprised by the genuine feeling of camaraderie and this site seems to be testament to just that! I will be looking out for you, but don't expect me to keep up (maybe i should look at getting a recumbant - must be better for the back, no!?) cheers, P.

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Howdo Nipmeister, and welcome aboard! Plenty of upright riders around these parts, but get in fast as we're converting them as quick as we can. :blush:

You'll have to show me that shortcut one night. :sad:

Andy.
(Speedy on a black and white Furai, or hauling on the Big Orange Beastie (aka BOB / Panzerfiets)).

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
arallsopp said:
Howdo Nipmeister, and welcome aboard! Plenty of upright riders around these parts, but get in fast as we're converting them as quick as we can. :blush:

You'll have to show me that shortcut one night. :biggrin:

Andy.
(Speedy on a black and white Furai, or hauling on the Big Orange Beastie (aka BOB / Panzerfiets)).

Just tell him you are the one with the zip ties Andy, that should make you easier to spot :sad:

nich

I'm also on the A21, doing the Catford, Lewisham, Deptford, Evelyn, Jamaica road upto town.

It's a lovely road in the morning at around 7, quite a bit more busy during evenings, but not all that bad. Not seen any orrible cyclists so far :sad: ..and only a couple of red light jumpers :biggrin:

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Welcome Nich. I'm about to head off towards it, can't be dealing with Crystal Palace tonight. Too much crud to drag home from the office :wacko:

Suspect you've already passed, many hours prior.

Bugner

Another A21er here. Leave Bromley North between 6.00-6.15am, but cut up Canadian Avenue rather than go through Catford and Lewisham so go round the back way through Brockley, then Peckham up to the Oval, Vauxhall Bridge and then Green Park

Top Bottom