Happy Cyclists of the A21

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Yep! Sorry about that BM! Was in a world of my own trying to get back to family! :sad:

By the time I heard your shout, you were already long gone :sad:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I'm looking at extending my ride home tomorrow after work, and may well be heading down the A21 to bromley. Say hello if you see me :evil:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm going to be out on the A21 tomorrow too. Doubt I'll see anyone though as it'll be around 11am as I'm taking advantage of the sunny weather to have a day off!

Did I mention the day off? Is that rubbing it in? :evil:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
martint235 said:
I'm going to be out on the A21 tomorrow too. Doubt I'll see anyone though as it'll be around 11am as I'm taking advantage of the sunny weather to have a day off!

Did I mention the day off? Is that rubbing it in? :evil:

I've just had two days off ;)

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
I do the A21 daily from The Greenman / Homebase to Lewisham Loampit Hill, as I go up Lewisham Hill towards Greenwich (usually around 7.30-7.45). Look out for a Watt-O on his Focus, blue jersey!!!

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

martint235 said:
I'm taking advantage of the sunny weather to have a day off!

gaz said:
I've just had two days off :smile:

ianrauk said:
Bloody A21 part timers.... leave it to the professionals like myself. Arallsop and Bentmikey :biggrin::laugh:

Ah. Sorry Ian (and everyone else). Got to admit I've just had 2 weeks off :biggrin:

But I'm back now, and will be on the A21 tonight. :smile:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
BentMikey said:
Assuming the filming gets approved, will be off to take part in the TfL viral lorries advert.

Good luck with that. I don't think they could have a better cyclist involved.

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
BentMikey said:
I should be on the morning A21 commute for the first time in ages. My weekday commutes are normally afternoon/nights. Assuming the filming gets approved, will be off to take part in the TfL viral lorries advert.

This wasn't you, Watt-O, by any chance?

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIgg0NGGjKk

White lycra cyling shorts?!!! Are you having a laugh? I have more sense than to wear those nancy boy shorts! Strictly black only!

BTW I haven't spotted a recumbant nutter on my commute! Looks bloody dangerous to me. You must have an industrial strength anal sphincter! :tongue:

Nice camera work!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Ask Andy - riding an upright is what's scary after riding a recumbent. Nobody sees you or pays you the blindest bit of attention on an upright, it's like wearing an invisibility cloak. Unlike the recumbent, which gets seen an order of magnitude more.

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

BentMikey said:
Ask Andy - riding an upright is what's scary after riding a recumbent. Nobody sees you or pays you the blindest bit of attention on an upright, it's like wearing an invisibility cloak. Unlike the recumbent, which gets seen an order of magnitude more.

Its true.

But an industrial strength anal sphincter would be useful for keeping the rain out on fast descents. A 48mph enema is not so nice. :tongue:

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Well done Mikey. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Met someone who knew you last night. Time triallist, riding a Storck. Lovely it was too. He rides with a Catford club, and said a skating bentrider had been along a couple of times.

Nice riding with him. Works in Marylebone / lives in Bromley, so we shared 5 miles of the A21. He was battling a headwind that I was ignoring, but otherwise a good pace.

Top Bottom