Happy Lancashire Day!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a bit odd and seeing as my mum's no longer here I can't verify it, but if I remember rightly I was born in 2 places. I was half way out, then I got stuck, so they rushed mum and me to Accy Vic' hospital where I was delivered. Or was it the other way round?:unsure: Anyway, technically I was born in 2 different towns!🧐
ah
so Accrington it was then.
No-one is born in two places accy! - not unless in the back of a vehicle in the middle of a thunderflash/storm/timewarp akin to Back to the Future.
I seem to recall posting about our almost** convergence under really true odd factoids.
Funny old world.

By the by, I understand that one of the visiting docs to that place often recommended a bottle of Guinness (or more over a few days) as a post-birth pick-me-up.

Different times

** almost I stress for nervous readers worried that we were swapped at birth.

stephec

Legendary Member
I knew it was Lancashire day as the 10k that I ran this morning was giving cheese instead of medals at the finish.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The "some counties" I was referring to is Yorkshire.
Full disclosure - Lancashire born, exiled in Yorkshire for 37 years.

Is this not undermining your argument, the fact that your crossed the Pennines to the golden uplands and stayed?

Anyway Happy Lancy day to you & @Accy cyclist et al.

All I can say is it seems appropriate to have it on a damn wet November day, rather than in sunny August when us Yorkies celebrate our brilliantness! :okay:

The "some counties" I was referring to is Yorkshire.
Full disclosure - Lancashire born, exiled in Yorkshire for 37 years.

Sorry to hear than! We'll let you back in.

Full disclosure, I moved into Cumbria 2.5 years ago after 45 years calling Lancashire my home. Did visit Yorkshire term time whilst at uni. Did my masters in Lancashire at Liverpool University.

Now I live and work in Cumbria, it was a wrench to move out of my home county but I had valid reasons. My lad was at primary school in Lancashire but Lancashire CC being a bit too left wing and supporting unions they would not back schools that tried to keep open in covid times., they could and gov advice was to, stay open if poss but the unions said no and LCC education got castrated and schools closed. Meanwhile 8 miles up the road in Cumbria they didn't shut because CCC backed head teachers and teachers wanting to keep schools open. So we moved to a village over the border in case of more shutdowns. BTW over the border where we now live had much lower rates all through the pandemic. In fact most of it they couldn't show the infection rate on those maps because it was so low data protection / privacy reasons stopped that ad the data could result in the the recorded cases being identified. Other reasons too.

Sorry but I'm in a better place now. Nearly forgot! Lancashire technically his all the way to Coniston. That means I'm am in Lancashire County still! That's made my day! ^_^

With Lancashire tea. Round here Yorkshire tea tastes horrible. Yorkshire must have really nice tasting water to make that Yorkshire weed taste nice! Lol!

It was in a souvenir shop in the Shambles in York that I first heard that Yorkshire born and bred poem. You know the one that ends with thick in thread! Seriously, which group of peoples would sell tat slagging themselves off? Mind you looked like they weren't selling as they were yellowing and dusty. Even lancastrian tourists didn't want them.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So do you have Lancashire Parkin with yer tea to celebrate ?

Bunnock, it's called in Blackburn.🧐

There's a lot of holes in Blackburn according to the song. But imho there's only one hole called Blackburn. A right dump imho and I went to school there too.

TBF the school was top 5 ranked independent / Public school just before I got in but dropped to nearly 200th ranked school when I left! 10 years later they kicked the head out mid term. Should have happened while I was there. It wasn't the school it used to be when i last checked up on it.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
During the War of the Roses the Lancastrian Army with 1000 men were marching across Saddleworth Moor when they heard a shout from the other side of a hill " One Yorkshireman can tek on a Thousand Lancs!" with that the General of the Lancastrian regiment summoned the men to take on the Yorkshire man and off they charged, after an almighty rumpus one of the Lancastrian soldiers bloody and battered came limping back to where the General was. "Are you the only survivor?" asked the general, "Yes sir" replied the soldier, "but it were an ambush, there were two of 'em"!

Top Bottom