Happy St George’s Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
dragon.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This is a real life dragon with a venomous bite. Dates back to prehistoric times:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/wfQjHSFnfWs?si=1oJHmP75SVVOtHq7

figbat

Slippery scientist

Drago

Legendary Member
I don’t think they are strictly venomous as they don’t secrete venom, they just cause infection in those they bite, who then succumb to sepsis. They don’t breathe fire either - pretty lame dragons if you ask me. 😁

That's pretty much it. Their mouths are festering with all sorts of germs and stuff. It's not unknown for people who are bitten by one to die 6 moths later.

Enjoying the irony that ‘the English’ are complaining that their rightful Anglo-Saxon patron saint has been usurped :smile:
(Given that the Angles and Saxons usurped the British to such an extent that the British language got confined to the margins and the country became known as Angleland, the land of the Angles).

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Can I just make the point that St George shouldn't be the English patron Saint? We had a better one before him. St Edmund! And he came from England or rather east anglia where he was an Anglo saxon King. A real person too!

Wasn’t St George real? I thought he was born in Cappadocia and died in historic Palestine.

Top Bottom