Happy St George's Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
For those that don't wish to celebrate St George's Day, celebrate Shakespeare's birth instead. Surely there not many who would say that is not worth remembering?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I honestly didn't remember it was St George's Day, and I can't have looked at any news/papers either becasue the only thing to alert me was this thread which I've only just seen. I was busy tiling my kitchen with my Dad

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Listen to me, this is very important...

ITS OK!

You're with friends here. The important thing is that you've owned up. We are a forgiving nation (it's part of the state religion :smile: ), you will still be welcome within these shores! :hugs:

Just don't do it next year ...

Thanks. I didn't feel any guilt. The last time I observed the day was when in scouts and we used to parade. I was flag bearer. Since then I've been a bit confused about SGD not really being recognised, but Paddy's Day being celebrated religiously. It's almost as though Paddy's Day generates more money through sales of Guinness, and is therefore more popular in pubs

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Thanks. I didn't feel any guilt. The last time I observed the day was when in scouts and we used to parade. I was flag bearer. Since then I've been a bit confused about SGD not really being recognised, but Paddy's Day being celebrated religiously. It's almost as though Paddy's Day generates more money through sales of Guinness, and is therefore more popular in pubs
That's because you're no longer in the Scouts. They and the Cubs and Brownies, etc. marched around Lancaster, but I only know this because of a FB post, and one of my workmates (a Scout leader) was involved in a march down in Windsor. Dib-dib-dib.

Top Bottom