Happy St George's Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
He's also the Patron Saint of Soldiers, Scouts and Syphillis.

As well as a bunch of other countries, and he was Greek...

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yet you still felt the need to comment about the day. :rolleyes:

I wasn't aware it was a thread for you Engs' only.
You could comment on a St Andrews /Saint David/St Patricks/Bastille Day (or anything else) thread if you so wished.

Anyway, between nearly melting, the cars, making several hundred quid and that alarm thingy, it was an eventful day regardless, that's why.

Last edited:
[sorry this is late:]

1538.jpg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I forgot, there was a Citroën DS too.
Lovely looking thing it was too.

There were some old Volvo Estates which I though was about as weird as the Vauxhall Astra, but I guess people must collect them too.

Oh and there was a Thames van and what looked a bit like a Black Miraya, only it wasn't black. 🤔

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Utterly pointless 'day celebration' as are so many of them.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You could comment on a St Andrews /Saint David/St Patricks/Bastille Day (or anything else) thread if you so wished.
But I wouldn't do which is/was my point. You posted "St George's Day? Sorry, this is Scotland and never realised, sorry". Why post that you didn't realise it was St George's Day, when others who did realise, but chose to ignore it didn't post that they knew it was, but were ignoring it. They simply ignored the day, instead of indicating they thought it was irrelevant to them, then posted to let us all know it was irrelevant to them. It's similar to threads for example about computer questions, which I couldn't answer because I know very little about computers. So, what I do is ignore the thread, not out of impoliteness, but because me saying "I don't know the answer, but I'm posting to tell you that I don't know the answer" would be silly and pointless. There's a woman I've posted about before who posts on a local Facebook page. If a dog or a cat goes missing she will post stuff like "sorry, wish I could help, but I don't know where it is". If that's the case why let others know that you don't know, when the vast majority who also don't know where the lost animal is simply don't post to let the owner know that they don't know where it is! 🤔 I might sound like I'm going off on one, but I'm having one of those analysis paralysis days, so please don't take this post to heart! :cuppa:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
But I wouldn't do which is/was my point. You posted "St George's Day? Sorry, this is Scotland and never realised, sorry". Why post that you didn't realise it was St George's Day, when others who did realise, but chose to ignore it didn't post that they knew it was, but were ignoring it. They simply ignored the day, instead of indicating they thought it was irrelevant to them, then posted to let us all know it was irrelevant to them. It's similar to threads for example about computer questions, which I couldn't answer because I know very little about computers. So, what I do is ignore the thread, not out of impoliteness, but because me saying "I don't know the answer, but I'm posting to tell you that I don't know the answer" would be silly and pointless. There's a woman I've posted about before who posts on a local Facebook page. If a dog or a cat goes missing she will post stuff like "sorry, wish I could help, but I don't know where it is". If that's the case why let others know that you don't know, when the vast majority who also don't know where the lost animal is simply don't post to let the owner know that they don't know where it is! 🤔 I might sound like I'm going off on one, but I'm having one of those analysis paralysis days, so please don't take this post to heart! :cuppa:

I don't really say, but my Mum was born in Leicester, so I am English... Well, half anyway, so really, I should have 'noticed'.

Last edited:
Top Bottom