Happy St George's Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very good jest, 'By George'!

Yeah - nice Andy Galsworthy - the happiest of birthday presents and further good wishes from me to Globalti ;)

So far, Leicester Square has been temporarily closed due to 'racist chanting' - and in Ruislip, just down the road from me, the roads are blocked off due to aggravation.('A big fight').
Anywhere else getting into the spirit of the day? :sad:

Maz

Guru
I had one of those car window England flags attached to the loop of my saddle bag today.

Got a couple of friendly beeps from WVM and HGV man and a few smiles from passing motorists.

I'm Asian, too...I fly the flag to banish my childhood demons (I was brought up in the 70s when the flag was inextricably linked with racism). Let's all fly the flag and reclaim it from the far-right.

HAPPY ST.GEORGE'S DAY.

Stephenite

Membå
The norwegian national day is a big 'to do'.

It's a public holiday. In the weeks leading up to it people clean their gardens and houses, and the council (and state) clean up the roads and public spaces. Shops close early the day before. Around a third of all households display a flag (probably over 50% have a flag pole, or flagstand if you live in a block). Everyone dresses smart for the day, and many have the national costume. You meet up with friends and/or family for breakfast and then proceed to drinks. And the children are marched up and down the main street with the promise of ice-cream at the end.

Its a nice day for everyone. Mind you, they only became independent about 100 years ago.

Noodley

Stephenite said:
Mind you, they only became independent about 100 years ago.

I'm sure when England becomes independent of our Scottish rule and influence that you'll get along fine and dandy :sad:

Get those lawnmowers and natty clothes and ice cream vans at the ready...

Top Bottom