Hard decision.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Dacia's are basically Renault/Nissan. My folks have a Sandero Stepway and has been utterly reliable for last 4 years they have had it - Laurette model so not too poverty line. You don't get loads of bells and whistles, which isn't an issue. Air con, leccy windows, reverse sensors and sat nav. That's enough.

There are enough of them about.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
But a Renault made in Spain or Malasia is somehow better? :laugh: That's like buying a used hand grenade, but insisting on a chinese copy of an obsolete soviet item.
I have had Renaults, Citroens and Peugeots since the 70's and never had any issues with them except Peugeot 305 which was beginning to give electrical problems.
It doesn't matter where a car is made so long as quality control is strict and regulated. In any case, car parts are manufactured all over the world and shared by many brands.

midlife

Guru
Give your daughter the Juke :smile:.

vickster

Legendary Member
I know and like I said, it may come to that even if I fancy a change. To be fair, the Juke is not a bad car although a bit thirsty on fuel. Lucky to get 32 mpg in town. I was spoilt with the Captur which is great on fuel.
What does your wife want? Who does the driving primarily?

gbb

Legendary Member
I had to do a long run in a Picasso C3 , one with a diesel engine, quite a good experience, pokey but being a diesel i assume economical, reasonably comfortable, i was quite surprised as i didnt think i'd like it.

Having just browsed numerous cars lately at the car lots, there were plenty of C3s for sale at very very reasonably prices. They looked quite a lot of car for money well well below the competition. Why ? was what i asked myself...but i don't know the answer of course.

Vauxhalls (i know you've discounted them as an option) are a funny thing. Ive been a Vaux man most of my life, my last Astra was as reliable as you could ever hope for but a bit turgid in the performance dept and a bit bland in the looks. I'm moving away from Vauxhalls myself, they dont have the paint quality and arent even cheap anymore. But no regrets on my previous ownerships, ive always done well with them.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
French or Japanese. £12k max.

Why not another Renault (Clio or Captur)? Given their Nissan links, effectively French AND Japanese ;)

Take you point elsewhere, ref: the components are made in many countries, and, are widely shared between make and models.

My wife, who chooses cars on colour, once had a C3, a few years ago now, but, it was a very pleasant car to drive, and reliable.

On the Japanese scene, we have had good experiences with Mazda (at various times owned five of them, 2x"2", 2x"3" and an MX5)

Top Bottom