Hard tail MTBs with pannier braze-ons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tour_etz

Having traditionally been a tourer on Europe's excellent roads, my move to Nepal in a month poses a couple of challenges... the roads are fairly ropey.

There's more fun to be had there off-road, or on tracks, but I don't want to give up touring just yet...

So I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for good hardtail MTBs that retail around the £600-700 mark, new, which will take a rear pannier rack (I'm assuming a front pannier rack with shocks is a no-brainer?)

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Ta

Matt

Ben M

Having traditionally been a tourer on Europe's excellent roads, my move to Nepal in a month poses a couple of challenges... the roads are fairly ropey.

There's more fun to be had there off-road, or on tracks, but I don't want to give up touring just yet...

So I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for good hardtail MTBs that retail around the £600-700 mark, new, which will take a rear pannier rack (I'm assuming a front pannier rack with shocks is a no-brainer?)

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Ta

Matt

I'd have thought that most MTBs have braze-ons for a rack.

Don't forger that there are also racks which don't need braze-ons.

OP
OP
T

tour_etz

I'd have thought that most MTBs have braze-ons for a rack.

Don't forger that there are also racks which don't need braze-ons.

Thanks ben. Surprisingly few MTBs seem to have braze-ons - a few years ago it seemed to be quite common, but not any more.

Any idea of manufacturers of racks not needing to be screwed to the frame? Do they fit to the seatpost and axle mounts or something?

Top Bottom