Harry Hill...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
simoncc said:
He was on the radio years ago and I thought he was quite funny, and I like his comments on that viewers video programme he hosts.

I was just thinking that too,but find his own programme not funny,its similar to jimmy cricket type humour .

His very first TV series made me cry, it was so funny. Not sure I'd bother making the effort to watch him these days though.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
IMO he's woefully unfunny. I think he was part of Emperor's New Clothes syndrome: some daft producer who didn't get him and therefore thought he must be alternative and actually hilarious commissioned a series and then everybody was too scared to say that he never made them laugh for fear of not appearing trendy. I've read reviews of him which say that if you don't get it you never will. That's usually a sign of a direly unfunny comedian. Mind you, I didn't think The Fast Show was funny either; it too was relying on people wanting to be seen to be in on the (non) joke.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have never found him funny. He lookes like a throwback to the 70's with those huge collars on the shirts. There must be someone at the TV companies that like him. He should of stayed in the medical profession. Maybe he wasn't very good at that either.

simoncc said:
He was on the radio years ago and I thought he was quite funny, and I like his comments on that viewers video programme he hosts.

I am afraid that I have some bad news for you - it's called a............

SCRIPT!

Written by some poor drudge who is actually funny and then claimed by some unfunny front person!

simoncc

Cunobelin said:
I am afraid that I have some bad news for you - it's called a............

SCRIPT!

Written by some poor drudge who is actually funny and then claimed by some unfunny front person!

That's not bad news for me at all. I find Hill quite funny. I don't mind if he writes his own stuff or not. Why should I?

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
As has been said :- "If you don't get it you never will"
Sadly I get it.
It's not big.
It's not clever.
And it definitely isn't funny.
The only people I think he must appeal to are 8yrs old who still pee pee their bed.
Apart from that, utter shite,
< Grabs overall, goes to watch something entertaining like the wallpaper drying out and sticking to wall> :biggrin:

Top Bottom