Harry Potter - Studio Tour - Tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Where are you staying, we stayed in a Premier at King's Langley, there's quite a few places that do food in the village we went to a nice Italian

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Where are you staying, we stayed in a Premier at King's Langley, there's quite a few places that do food in the village we went to a nice Italian

The Noke Mercure just over M25 St Albans. Main reason is it has a pool, so a bit of time to chill.

postman

Legendary Member
I think we stayed in Prem Inn Watford North.Loads of food places there.I think we used Nandos because we needed a Gluten free option.

vickster

Legendary Member

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Anybody have any luck picking up a single ticket when just showing up? My daughter is over in the UK and would love to go.... but didn't realize how far in advance they sell out.

D

Deleted member 26715

I don't think you can get tickets on the door. Everyone has a time slot for entry.
I don't want to say you can for fear of spreading misinformation, but when we went, we went down the night before, stayed over & was there at 10 I think. There was another couple in the hotel that had done it the other way, come down the day before been to the studio stayed over & went home the next day. But they had just turned up at the studio after lunch & were allowed to buy tickets at that time, not sure how they got past security in the car park or how they did it. Might be worth an email or a phone call if you can find one on the website & then get through to an actual person.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Might be worth an email or a phone call if you can find one on the website & then get through to an actual person.

^^^^ This ^^^^

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Anybody have any luck picking up a single ticket when just showing up? My daughter is over in the UK and would love to go.... but didn't realize how far in advance they sell out.

I don't think you can get tickets on the door. Everyone has a time slot for entry.
It is doable
For some reason we turned up a day earlier than our ticket and they got us in
As far as the the place if you like harry potter than yeah its ok , if you dont just treat it as a day out with family / freinds .

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Spent 5 hours in there. Enjoyed it. Bought a HP Chess set.

Wasn't too mad busy.

As others have said, phone up to see if you can get a ticket. Explain why. Web site bookings are months in advance.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

BTW, how do you rate the quality of the chess set ? What are the pieces made from ?

Pieces are a soft(ish) plastic from around 1.5" tall to 4" tall. The board is a fold out quality glossy card (similar to monopoly boards). It's fine for £48 given the piece size

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Not that I've any interest in HP books/films but those admission prices are eye-watering!

They are, especially when you have 4 adults to pay for, and two rooms to cover. By booking with a city breaks company, I think the bill was £320. Direct booking admission being £180, and each room was normally £120 - £420. Premier Inn Family rooms aren't much use now the 'kids' are adults.

Add on that it cost £80 for lunch in HP (£20 each by the time you bought a meal and a drink, plus tasted a couple butter beers - horrible).

Top Bottom