Has anybody else noticed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Ok, I've calmed down now and can see what you are saying (although I did use the story of the old woman yesterday as an example of the fact that you never know what is going to happen).

Bruno and Cindy are always on the lead. In Bruno's case, he's getting quite blind in his old age, so it's more for his own safety. He was a Therapet, so it's part of his nature to go up and say hello to strangers, it's just the way he is. I try not to let him do it, although if you are on a pavement or whatever, it can be a bit difficult.

You know, my Parents went on holiday up to Mull one year with Bruno, and on the ferry over, there were a lot of little girls going to see Balymory.
Bruno had little kids climbing on him and he didn't even raise an eyebrow.
Another story was when a little boy poked him in the eyes. Yet again, he just stood there is if nothing had happened!
As sound as a pound is Bruno.

As for Cindy, yes, ok, I can understand the alarm with her, as harmless and friendly as she is, she has the Staffie madness, so will practically bounce up to you if she get's all excited. The key is to try and keep her calm, and to be fair, she has mellowed over the years.
She seems less interested in people anyway.

I might have over reacted, but it certainly DOES feel as though I'm being judged sometimes. I'll remember that kids can be scared of dogs in the future (although I know and you know there's nothing to worry about!).

As an aside, the SSPCA (as well as the RSPCA and other charities) Dog and Cat homes will, as a policy, NEVER send a violent dog to be rehomed and the animals are tested for their suitability before it is even considered.
Bruno and Cindy were rescues from the SSPCA.

In short, if the dog was violent, I wouldn't have it, or at least, I WOULD keep it out of the way.
If I had a violent dog, so you think I'd bring it to a park full of kids??

Annyway.

longers

Legendary Member
Mad Doug Biker said:
In short, if the dog was violent, I wouldn't have it, or at least, I WOULD keep it out of the way.

Isn't the point that other people don't know that and not everyone is like that?
You're obviously a good owner and it can be annoying when people assume otherwise. But not worth getting worked up over in my opinion.

I used to get narked when people would assume my dog was well behaved and let their kids walk up and stroke her without asking us first. You should be teaching your kids to always ask first.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
True.

To be fair, Bruno was our first ever dog, so we've had to learn a LOT as we've gone along.

I can think of worse first dogs than him, that's for sure.
He was locked up and neglected (there's evidence on his body) before being a stray, having to scavenge for food (food is his worst vice), so he was just grateful for anything (he was at Milton for 3 months, and another family took him, but they found out that they were allergic to him).
He was impeccably trained right from the start, leaving us to wonder just how many owners he actually had in his early years!

Found as a stray by the SSPCA, he's now been with us for almost 10 years (so yes, I know what you have been saying anyway, I was just having a rant!! ha ha!!).

Also, we didn't hear him bark until the first night we had him when someone came to the door. He was so quiet (and possibly why he was at Milton for 3 months, nobody really noticed him - even we didn't the first time round, but we asked the staff whether there were any dogs they would recommend and they pointed us in his direction. We got to his cage and he was up at the back looking at us as if to say 'Well, what's the point?'. The rest is history).

Zoiders

on the road said:
I was under the impression homeless people got no benefit :smile:
If you have a bank account then you get the benefits.

The Co-op IIRC will open accounts for homeless persons, some charities function as postal/home adresses as well.

Top Bottom