Has anyone ever bought 3 cucumbers at once?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Cucumber not a fan really,but Gherkins now you are talking,on my Subway treat iu ask for a double helping.Cant stay any longer got to visit a few supermarkets,Miss Goodbody has texted and needs some extra greens.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
To answer the OP: No

I have, occasionally, noticed people buying trolleys full of broccoli, and red peppers (but, not recently), in our local Asda.

We shopped in Asda this morning, didn’t notice any empty veg shelves, nor any notices indicating restrictions on numbers.

Good marketing tactic I would think?, say you can “only” have 3, many people will buy 3 instead of 1.

I know people who think like that, but I don't get it! I had 4 salads last week and have had 2 so far this week. I would eat very hot food on a blazing hot summer day too!

Now if you were talking about cyclists wearing shorts on freezing days, I would agree with you! (Or the people I have seen riding in winter kit on a blazing hot summer day...)

As for veg restrictions and shortages... I noticed that our local Aldi was out of a lot of things yesterday, including cucumbers. I will be going here again this evening and will see if they have restocked or introduced quotas.

My regular postie wears shorts all year round. And a woollen beanie hat, so go figure... :laugh:

At this time of year, I am very much a "seasonal stodge" kind of person when it comes to food. Might have the odd cold thing alongside a cooked meal - like the smoked beetroot that Tesco do, or some coleslaw or a Polish-style vegetable salad, but usually that's much more of a summer thing. :blush:

Alex H

Legendary Member
Did someone mention cucumbers?

cucumber 001.JPG

Couldn't give them away..........

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My regular postie wears shorts all year round. And a woollen beanie hat, so go figure... :laugh:
Mine does too!

Aldi had no cucumbers, peppers, eggs, and various other things on my shopping list tonight. I didn't spot any notices rationing what WAS available, but there were cards blaming the empty shelves on bad weather in europe.

Don't you know there's a war on !

I buy packs of 6 mini cucumbers from Aldi. I have a Turkish homestay student so getting into cucumber olive and cheese for brekkie.

Adam4868

Guru
I wore shorts as a postie for years...when your walking 12 miles a day you don't feel it.But the main reason is it's easier to dry your legs than trousers.Nothimg worse than wet trousers 😁
Saying that I've only had bib longs on a couple of times this year,as long as fingers,toes,ears are warm I'm fine.Prefer shorts.

Top Bottom