Has anyone ever bought 3 cucumbers at once?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wore shorts as a postie for years...when your walking 12 miles a day you don't feel it.But the main reason is it's easier to dry your legs than trousers.Nothimg worse than wet trousers 😁

There was one time at Snetterton (I was covering a Britcar meeting as a photographer for Autosport) where rain was forecast and I ended up having to dry my jeans on the car heater.

What they hadn't forecast was rain blowing in sideways so that it completely evaded the waterproof gear I'd taken with me.

That wasn't too bad. It was running out of dry socks at Silverstone that was far worse...

Back on topic, I do like tuna and cucumber sandwiches during the summer. :hungry:

Last edited:

presta

Guru
Dusseldorf on Monday:
:laugh:
1677113941137.jpeg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
True story time when my daughter was about 2 whenever we took her in a supermarket for anything we used to have to buy at least one half of a cucumber for her to munch on as we did the shopping otherwise she would throw a paddy all the time we were in there.
So we quite often picked up at least 2 especially if the shop looked busy.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just been to Aldi. Not a cucumber or tomato to be seen......crazy

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
There was one time at Snetterton (I was covering a Britcar meeting as a photographer for Autosport) where rain was forecast and I ended up having to dry my jeans on the car heater.

What they hadn't forecast was rain blowing in sideways so that it completely evaded the waterproof gear I'd taken with me.

That wasn't too bad. It was running out of dry socks at Silverstone that was far worse...
You should come up to Knockhill for horizontal rain.

EDIT: Just to keep the thread on topic. I believe rain is essential for cucumber growing

Last edited:
OP
OP
T4tomo

T4tomo

Legendary Member
To be fair, back in the day, we wouldn't expect to have an abundant crop of salad in winter flown in from warmer climates anyway.
Nowt wrong with making coleslaw from carrots and cabbage for winter salad.

maybe grow cress in damp potato or whatever we did in primary school

winjim

Smash the cistern
Our local greengrocer has just published a photo showing an abundance of fresh produce on their shelves.

Top Bottom