has anyone ever made a video of them cycling around?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't generally watch videos unless someone has gone out of their way to really do it well. There are lots of examples of well made 'documentary' style vids on something like bikepacking.com.

I had one go just for fun once and decided my video had the dynanism of a dead whale. It wasn't easy to make either, setting up the camera, riding into shot, going back for it, editing it all, to do it well takes time and planning. Generally still shots work better for most of us.

overmind

My other bike is a Pinarello
I like watching bike videos.

I watched a good one last night by Bicycle Touring Pro about cycling from Prague to Vienna along the greenway. I also like one called "gary mcgivern - travels on a bike". Thanks. I will look at the video at the top.

Oh no. It's gone. :-(

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I Have a short one of me cycling. ,taken in 2001 by Mrs Accy. Nothing special,just me on my old Scott bike descending a hill then climbing up the following hill. It was taken about 25 yards away but Mrs Accy zoomed in on half of the 20 second video. I was a fair bit heavier then and it clearly shows on the vid',though I haven't seen it in years since me and Mrs Accy separated. I just hope she hasn't binned the tape and it's still there in a drawer at her place.

Mart44

Über Member
I just fitted a video camera to my e-bike. It sits inside a fully waterproof casing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07KWYPV1X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mounted the camera on top of the handlebars to start with but didn't like it there much. Luckily, the camera has an upside down mode and with this turned on, I was able to position the camera upside down and less obtrusively beneath the handlebars. It comes with a small remote control to start and stop the recording. This avoids the need to press the buttons on the casing.

I took a video of my trips to the allotment and back this morning expecting the quality to be jumpy because of the rough and potholed surfaces that the sides of roads have. I was quite surprised to see that the camera coped with this very well. I'm pleased with it all in all. It might not be a top-notch camera at only £50-00 (plus the price of an SD card) but it certainly seems to do the job.

It looks quite big in the close up but when seen in relation to the whole bike it's fairly compact.

vfZNcri.jpg

jTy5jki.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I like watching bike videos.

I watched a good one last night by Bicycle Touring Pro about cycling from Prague to Vienna along the greenway. I also like one called "gary mcgivern - travels on a bike". Thanks. I will look at the video at the top.

Oh no. It's gone. :-(

AlexS asked for the content to be removed as it was only posted as a joke apparently. :wacko:

Slick

Guru
AlexS asked for the content to be removed as it was only posted as a joke apparently. :wacko:
AlexS wants to lay off the sauce and maybe get out a bit more.

Top Bottom