Has anyone ever tried/accidentally tried to kill you... Other than Doctors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Had a shotgun less than a foot away from my head.

Was it (a) pointing towards you and (b) going bang?

I mean, I've had a shotgun less than a foot from my head, but it was pointing away from me because I was making it go bang at the time.

Walking home from school, when I was ten, some friends and I were skimming stones across a ford. For some reason, we were doing it from opposite sides. Not a top plan, that one. One nicely flat stone hopped up and hit me pretty much precisely between my eyes, just above the bridge of my nose. After a while, the quantity of blood, when combined with the location, was apparently quite spectacular. It hurt; rather a lot !

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I had two locals hurling fist size rocks at the back of my fleeing head in the remote hills of Chiapas in about 1977. It might have been a friendly Mexican greeting for all I know, but I didn't turn back to ask them.

Ripple

Veteran
Almost forgot about this one, it happened when I was a teenager.

My sister and I were sort of arguing over something. Not really an argument, more like a discussion. I stood by the stairs to the basement with my back to it and I was also holding a heavy round wooden table top (around 70 cm in diameter). Suddenly out of the blue my sister pushed me down the stairs. I fell on my back and head down (with a compulsory sloooow motion vision :angry: ). With that table top landing on me.
Somehow I got away with only few bruises.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Someone definitely tried to either kill me, or at least beat me to a pulp nearly 30 years ago. June 1994 an unhinged type knocked on my door at 3am asking to 'chat'. I shut the door on him, stopping him from getting into my house. He had this idea in his head that me and his wife were having a relationship a few years previously. A few days later his friendly friend turned up and told me the unhinged one knew where my parents lived and what he'd do if I mentioned his visit to the police. Eleven years later he killed, (then dismembered and buried the body parts in not too far away countryside) a bloke on his doorstep, who was seeing his by then ex wife. This bloke has two and a half years to go before he's eligible for parole when he'll have done 20 years inside. I gave evidence at his murder trial, more forced to than voluntarily. Folk used to ask if I was worried about when/if he gets out. I'd tell them there were 14 others who gave evidence, so if he's after 'payback' there's a lot to go at. I've always thought that If I'd let this bloke into my house that night he would've gone berserk. That was some lucky escape eh! :unsure:

Last edited:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I've mentioned this before, but I was hit with a sledgehammer head swung by my Dad.
When I was about 14, my parents started a kennel business. We had already built the dog kennels and runs, which were like flat pack furniture, but for the cattery he wanted to build his own runs, with each attached to its small kennel. So to do this he was going to drive 8 foot 2x4 timbers into the ground, to which wire netting would be attached. For the job, my Dad chose to use the heavier of two old sledgehammers he owned, presumably reasoning more mass would get the job done more quickly.
Now my Dad always bodged rather than making proper repairs and the head on the sledgehammer he chose to use had been bodged to the hammer shaft. - Several times.
Dad asked for help with the timbers, so whilst he is atop some step ladders with said sledgehammer driving the timber into the ground, my job was to hold it vertically. One time he swung the sledgehammer and the head came off, straight onto my head.
My Mum apparently thought he had killed me as he carried me into the house. As we lived around 12 miles from the nearest hospital he chose to drive there. I vaguely remember one part of the journey to the hospital, but most of the rest of the next 24 hours is lost.
I suspect if I lose my hair in that area, there will be decent a scar there.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I nearly killed one of my teachers when I was a child!
I was playing in an inter-school rounders match on a very hot summer afternoon. The heat was making my hands sweat so much that when I took an almighty swipe at the ball, the bat flew from my grasp. It was headed straight at the face of my teacher! :eek: Fortunately, he was paying attention and ducked... The bat parted his hair and slammed into a wall behind him! :laugh:

Top Bottom