Has anyone NEVER had a clipless moment?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
Nope. Fell over once or twice with cleats and straps though.

jassy-x

palinurus said:
I've had a couple moments when I've clipped back in by mistake (I don't know how either) just when I'm about to come to a halt but have so far managed to recover.
....happened to me today!!!!!!!....except I didn't manage the recovery....on the approach to a busy RAB...unclipped my right shoe (as usual)...just as I was about to stop I must have put a bit of weight back on the pedal and it clipped in again....:smile:....clunked down onto my right hip and elbow before I managed to get the foot free again.....luckily I was going all the way around and there was no vehicles to my right hand side...I jumped back up as quick as I went down as a concerned young lady in a VW Golf drew up to ask if I was OK.....thankfully, only me ego was bruised!!!!....:wacko:.....and was left with the words in my head..''whit a fanny''...as we say in Scotland!!!!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Nope. Been clipless since I got my road bike in April 07.

Been veeeeery close a couple of times, but always just managed to rescue it before completely falling over.

Course, saying all this now has jinxed me.... :biggrin:

roadiewill

nope **touches wood**

bonj2

my new commute today - twenty nine miles:eek:/ took nearly 2hrs there but came back in 1hr 26 :tongue: (thanks tothe westerly wind!)
overtook a tractor north of tuxford and it tried to put his foot down but they can only do 20 and i was maintaining a fairly constant 24 :tongue: bloody farmers

Night Train

Maker of Things
Had my first clipless ride this evening to panto rehersals. Had my first clipless moment on the way back.

I thought I dropped something, slammed the brakes on, realised I was still clipped in and in the sudden panic did a stoppie on my front wheel still clipped in. Managed to unclip both feet while in the air and then crashed back down on the top tube.xx(

Stayed upright but wished I could lie down for a moment.:smile:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Over The Hill said:
I was expecting you to say someone shouted "behind you!" xx(
I thought some was going to reply 'Oh no you didn't!'

I've now got to design a magic pumpkin that can become a coach in the blink of an eye. Clipless moments is nothing in comparison.:smile:

Top Bottom