Has anyone NEVER had a clipless moment?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

custardpie

Not yet, but that is because I have just had my first set of spd pedals and shoes and having clipped the shoes in, cannot unclip them at all...so trip to bike shop is later today!

byegad

Legendary Member
:biggrin::evil:Since i bought Crank Brothers Mallets I've had no clipless incidents. There again they're fitted to a recumbent trike.:smile::evil:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ooooh, so nearly yesterday, stopped to speak to someone on a hill.
Went to move off and of course in the wrong gear... Soooooooo very nearly....

Smoothhound

Only been clipless for 6 months and so far so good, for my worst "nearly" I slapped the top of a (stationary) car to regain balance. He was very understanding ;)

jely

Not yet either but then again, i only purchased my first spd pedals and shoes last night... mind you, i was so excited I left home at 6:30 this morning to cycle around the city before work... i start at 9:30!! am so happy i have converted... they're BRILLIANT, as well as looking uber-cool!! :smile:

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Never had a clipless moment... when anyone else was watching. Does that count?

Asked for trouble putting clipless pedals on a 'bent when I wasn't used to it. Had one of those panic moments when I forgot to steer. Or use the brakes. Or unclip...

And then when I bought a secondhand bike. The seller had set the pedal tension really tight and I didn't think to check it the first time I rode with the appropriate shoes. For a while there, I thought I was going to have to cycle round and round for the rest of my life...

Oh yes, and it's not a clipless moment, but there was the time when one of the bolts in my shoe came out. So when I twisted my foot to unclip, the cleat just swivelled round on the shoe, but I stayed firmly clipped in. I had to take my shoe off to separate myself from the bike!

sadjack

There was this time when I was climbing this really steep hill, I was standing up on the peddles, changed gear, the chain went over the top into the rear spokes.

For a few seconds I was left peddling furiously but going nowhere until I tilted over into an ungainly heap.

Oh how the passers bye laughed :sad:

The there was the time I floated effortlessly into the dark carpark at work and as I slowing to stop and thinking of unclipping, a car started up and shone its headlights, startled me, then a second car, but by now I was stationary and I just had time to think, "This is gonna hurt" as I landed on my knee. :blush: And the cars just drove off leaving me sprawled on the floor in agony.

And soooo many near misses.

Maybe my motor nurons (is that how you spell it) are'nt quick enough for this clipless thing :tongue:

wlc1

I was cycling up a hill, and was out of the saddle when my pedal sheared off and came away still attached to my shiny new cycling shoes. ( I had screwed them in at slightly wrong angle and over 100 miles they had worked loose.) Oops!!

I didn't stack it though - I just found myself laying over the bars wobbling all over the road. I was chuffed didn't come off.

Does that count ?

just jim

I have a few times, mostly comical, some dangerous, once very dangerous.
Now, at last, I'm more careful using them; adjust them as loose as practical. The comical ones were when touring all day I'd arrive at a town or village and then proceed to plummet to the ground (usually in front of bemused tourists) after failing to unclip quickly enough. That's when panniers can help to soften the blow!

domtyler

Über Member
Yep, I never had a clipless moment today and I never had a clipless moment yesterday either. Come to think of it there are loads of days when I never had clipless moments! :biggrin:

Top Bottom