Has anyone NEVER had a clipless moment?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I only ask as I went over the 1000miles since turning clipless milestone today and I've never had one.

Will I end up on the deck as soon as I next go out now or am I one of the lucky ones? :wacko: :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Went clipless last October.
No *moment* as of yet.
Fair few *nearly moments*

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My clipless moments have usually been at home on the pavement, before turning up the path - happened a few times - but that's not happened in 15 years since....

Maz

Guru
When I come to a stop I unclip my left foot...very occasionally my Centre of Gravity will force me to lean over to my right. Then there's a mild panic to unclip the other foot or shift my bodyweight!

LLB

Had one or two, but the pedals were set reasonably lose by the shop which has proven a godsend

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've been using them since the eighties and can honestly say no. But then I used to use shoeplates with clips and straps, which involved leaning down and flicking the quick release open on the strap before you could free your foot. Clipless were a doddle after them.

simoncc

No clipless moments for me. I bought a pair in 1996 to see what they were like and took to them instantly with no problems. Going back to normal pedals would be like going back to LPs, typewriters and fax machines.

I had fully intended to post yesterday and say, 'no, never a clipless moment for me! ;)' That would have been true.

About an hour ago, just leaving work, cycled passsed the container to make sure I'd locked it (I had, but it's a symptom of my OCD :evil: :biggrin:), but failed to see/forgot about some sand lying next to the container. Came to an abrupt halt and fell in slow-motion, and actually had time to think, 'so this is what a clipless moment is!'
I now have an aching left hip, but at least/last I've lost my virginity. :biggrin:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Mrs. P has never had one.

I haven't had a "proper" one. I fell off three times in one ride- each time while clipped it- but that's mostly because I was riding on fresh snow covering horrible, rutted, frozen snow.

I've had a couple moments when I've clipped back in by mistake (I don't know how either) just when I'm about to come to a halt but have so far managed to recover.

Top Bottom