1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone NEVER had a clipless moment?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Panter, 20 Jun 2008.

1. Panter

Panter Just call me Chris...

I only ask as I went over the 1000miles since turning clipless milestone today and I've never had one.

Will I end up on the deck as soon as I next go out now or am I one of the lucky ones? :wacko: :biggrin:

2. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah Staff Member

Went clipless last October.
    No *moment* as of yet.
    Fair few *nearly moments*

3. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I'm about 3 years. I've never come off, but have had a few heartstoppingly anxious jerks to get a foot out before the angle gets too great.

4. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Sniffs the air and smells B*llSh*t...

5. Chris James

Chris James Über Member

Never fallen off with clipless pedals, but it used to happen regularly with toe clips.

6. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

My clipless moments have usually been at home on the pavement, before turning up the path - happened a few times - but that's not happened in 15 years since....

7. Maz

Maz Guru

When I come to a stop I unclip my left foot...very occasionally my Centre of Gravity will force me to lean over to my right. Then there's a mild panic to unclip the other foot or shift my bodyweight!

8. Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

I refuse to answer the OP as to so do may seriously prejudice my chances of staying upright:sad:

9. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

That's the clipless fairy issue !................

10. LLB

LLB Guest

Had one or two, but the pedals were set reasonably lose by the shop which has proven a godsend

11. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

They don't happen on a recumbent trike!

12. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

I've been using them since the eighties and can honestly say no. But then I used to use shoeplates with clips and straps, which involved leaning down and flicking the quick release open on the strap before you could free your foot. Clipless were a doddle after them.

13. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

never on the road bike, few times on the mtb though.

14. simoncc

simoncc New Member

No clipless moments for me. I bought a pair in 1996 to see what they were like and took to them instantly with no problems. Going back to normal pedals would be like going back to LPs, typewriters and fax machines.

15. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

I had fully intended to post yesterday and say, 'no, never a clipless moment for me! ;)' That would have been true.

About an hour ago, just leaving work, cycled passsed the container to make sure I'd locked it (I had, but it's a symptom of my OCD :evil: :biggrin:), but failed to see/forgot about some sand lying next to the container. Came to an abrupt halt and fell in slow-motion, and actually had time to think, 'so this is what a clipless moment is!'
    I now have an aching left hip, but at least/last I've lost my virginity. :biggrin: