Has anyone noticed yet, the increase in their weekly shop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not going shopping until next week so no idea.
I was at the local cheese farm shop for home grown and produced sausages and bacon this morning but they are generally more expensive anyway. No significant rise in price yet but it is while since I was last there and prices are probably raised in season for tourists and lower in winter.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Loyalty cards mean you amass thousands of points over the months to get 10p knocked off a tin of beans I take it?🧐

;)

One of my local pubs has introduced a loyalty card. You get a point for each pint purchased, when you have ten points, you get a free pint.

At another local pub, they have introduced a similar scheme for food, buy a meal, you get a point, after 8 points, you get a reduced price meal. Haven't used that one, it (the pub) is a bit "rough" for my delicate sensibilities ;)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
One of my local pubs has introduced a loyalty card. You get a point for each pint purchased, when you have ten points, you get a free pint.

At another local pub, they have introduced a similar scheme for food, buy a meal, you get a point, after 8 points, you get a reduced price meal. Haven't used that one, it (the pub) is a bit "rough" for my delicate sensibilities ;)
They used to do a buy 5 pints get 1 free card at my local. Then it went up to buy 10 get 1 free. Then when some customers started taking the pee and started forging the bar staffs signatures :headshake: on the cards it was binned.

yello

Car technology isn't the same as it was in the 80s thank god. You get a lot more on a car now.
A lot more to go wrong too! Jeepers, every darned thing's electric in one way or another. You need NASA level diags to get them fixed.... but that's for another thread!

gavgav

Guru
Yep, my weekly Aldi shop is averaging over £15 extra per week, compared to what it was 20 months ago pre pandemic.

Mike_P

Guru
Aldi washing up liquid more than doubled in price, from 37p to 75p:eek:
The Co-op card aside from giving you a smidge back also via their mobile app gives you two discounts a week such as 25p off milk and 50p off fish. With 2p of club card saving meant 2 pints of milk were 68p this morning from their new inflated price of 95p.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
UK inflation: Rising costs could push family spend up £1,700 a year - BBC News

Another Brexit benefit, woohoo!

A typical UK family will spend £1,700 more per year on household costs in 2022, according to a forecast for BBC Panorama.
The analysis, conducted by the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR), projected the inflation rate would rise to 4.6% by Christmas.
This rise is mainly due to higher fuel and energy prices.
Analysts say the full extent of rising costs is not yet being passed on to customers by supermarkets.
They say supermarkets are trying to keep prices constant over the festive period, even if this means absorbing some of the costs, because they don't want to risk losing customers at their busiest time of the year.
Compared with December 2020, the typical UK family of two adults and two children is predicted to spend £33.60 more per week, due to inflation, adding up to £1,700 per year.

Mike_P

Guru
Another recent way to cut costs is in Sainsbury's is to use a self scanner. Each week certain items that typically you have bought are reduced with a "Nectar price" instead.

Top Bottom