Has anyone replaced the barrel washer on a Rennkompressor?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rrarider

Veteran
I'd like to change the barrel washer on my old SKS track pump. I deduce that the plastic part on the end of the plunger needs to be removed to slide the old washer off.

rennkomp.jpg

Please can anyone tell me for certain, how to remove it? I feel that it perhaps ought to unscrew or perhaps be prised off, to reveal a hidden nut. I've gently tried both approaches but don't want to use too much force for fear of irreparably damaging a part.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's how it should come off, or will it slip off the end ? You could clean it up and use some seal grease (silicone based) to improve any air tightness.

OP
OP
rrarider

rrarider

Veteran
That's how it should come off, or will it slip off the end ? You could clean it up and use some seal grease (silicone based) to improve any air tightness.
Have you got a rennkomperssor and have you actually unscrewed the plastic part to get at the washer?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Have you got a rennkomperssor and have you actually unscrewed the plastic part to get at the washer?

I have a much older Silca track pump with a leather washer, but that actually has a steel nut on the end. I'd see if it will unscrew without tools, if not then be very careful. I just cleaned my Silca pump and re-greased the washer. I also have a Blackburn track pump, but not needed to do anything to it.

Top Bottom