Has anyone toured on a folder?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMG_2124a.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

P2288405.jpg

On an Airnimal once, but that's pretty similar to a typical road-ish bike.

I've done long-ish day rides on a Brompton when it's all I've had, and each time it was way more fun than I anticipated it would be. Some people have done very long tours on them.

I tried that and got from Glasgow to Lochwinnoch!

This is my happy touring photo!

DSCF3121.jpg

DSCF3125.jpg

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I have a colleague who "City tours" with a Brompton

He goes to a large town or City for a few days by train or bus then explores the local environs by Bike before taking public transport to the next destination
An idea for the next holidays!
Wait ... don't have a Brompton ... yet! :crazy:

Sara_H

Guru
An idea for the next holidays!
Wait ... don't have a Brompton ... yet! :crazy:
How many bikes will that be Pat?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
We've found our folder very useful since we got it!

I'm currently selling bikes as part of the decluttering process, but the folder will be staying!
Well, one of mine is going on loan to a pal for a few months, for her to decide if she likes cycling. There will be a void in the spare room :rolleyes:

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Question of long distances on a B came up during the London lunchtime pootle on Tuesday. DZ reported people having completed FNRttC and I think the LonJog on Bromptons.

I've done 30-40 miles on my M6R and found it easy enough to cover ground. Better than my Claud Butler Ravanna but not as effortless as the Galaxy. Prob is that hand discomfort cuts in pretty quickly. Wish now I'd specced P bars . Considered a conversion but will experiment with grips first.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I've done a about ten rides over 100 miles on my old m then p then back to m bars Brompton, hands were always an issue after that sort of distance.

However on my new h Brompton 3 speed, I've done two 100 mile rides with no hand discomfort whatsoever, I have brooks slender leather grips. So the extra few inch gained on the h style has made a massive difference to my comfort.

I'd have no issues about touring on a Brompton and I'm planning on doing so in April.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Question of long distances on a B came up during the London lunchtime pootle on Tuesday. DZ reported people having completed FNRttC and I think the LonJog on Bromptons.
Yup, Mark did LonJog on his 6-speed Brommie (and frequently more than kept up with the likes of me on carbon roadies). Quite a few people have done FNRttC on Bromptons and various other folders- I did multiple FNRs, including my first one, on my old Dahon Jetstream XP, and Chutney (my Speed Pro TT) has done one so far. Henrik, its previous owner, climbed the Tourmalet on it :smile:

Top Bottom