Has anyone toured on a folder?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brommyboy

Über Member
No hand discomfort with my M Brommies: I do have short bar ends to use, though. Longest day ride 107 miles in under 10 hours, no hand issues.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
No hand discomfort with my M Brommies: I do have short bar ends to use, though. Longest day ride 107 miles in under 10 hours, no hand issues.
I really hope I can get my 100 milers to less than ten hours, but I live in such a hilly area. My next one will be on the coast I hope, so maybe I'll be able to do it.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Longest day I've done on a Brom is 45 miles.
The hands can get a bit tingly.
I've fitted bar ends and different grips to my M6R but it's still a bit of an issue.

Brommyboy

Über Member
My 100 miler day rides have been in Kent/Surrey or France. That particular one had a peak elevation of 290m from the coast, plus a number of other climbs. I had done one in Alsace of 100 miles in 8.25 hrs which had much more altitude gain and three quite steep climbs. Checking my cycle-camping records, I have covered nearly 8500 miles on these trips, by Brompton, during the last twelve years.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I have a colleague who "City tours" with a Brompton

He goes to a large town or City for a few days by train or bus then explores the local environs by Bike before taking public transport to the next destination
This has inspired me and the mrs to check out cheap ways to get to some cities for weekends....megabus, Manchester to Paris...£50 return each....bargain and we can take our bromptons with no worries.

Crankarm

Guru
This has inspired me and the mrs to check out cheap ways to get to some cities for weekends....megabus, Manchester to Paris...£50 return each....bargain and we can take our bromptons with no worries.

I got the Eurostar then TGV first class all the way down to Biarritz from London and back for £80. My Brompton snoozed away peacefully in the luggage rack, making little puffs of contentment from time to time. It loved cycling across Paris.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I got the Eurostar then TGV first class all the way down to Biarritz from London and back for £80. My Brompton snoozed away peacefully in the luggage rack, making little puffs of contentment from time to time. It loved cycling across Paris.
Ah but that's from Manchester for us

Top Bottom