Has spring sprung?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It looks like it'll be pretty mild round here this week so fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Thank you for reminding me of that delightful poem that google tells me is not by Ogden Nash or ee cummings or Tom Lehrer, but by that prolific writer, Anon.

Spring has sprung, the grass is ris,
I wonder where them birdies is
The bird is on the wing,
How absurd
I always heard
The wing is on the bird!

(That's my version. Google offers many variants, often with Brooklyn "boid" spelling.)

Brandane

Legendary Member
What a difference a day makes! Yesterday I was housebound; the rain was coming down in sheets and being blown horizontal by the wind. Seriously horrible day, and cold too, so fire on and an afternoon of rugby on TV..
Today - rode down to Ardrossan, got the ferry to Arran, did the full circuit, ferry back to Ardrossan, and rode home. 85 miles all in. Hardly any wind, mild temperatures, and for once - no rain. So hopefully yes; spring may have sprung. But this is Ayrshire and it could all go horribly wrong again......

Slick

Guru
What a difference a day makes! Yesterday I was housebound; the rain was coming down in sheets and being blown horizontal by the wind. Seriously horrible day, and cold too, so fire on and an afternoon of rugby on TV..
Today - rode down to Ardrossan, got the ferry to Arran, did the full circuit, ferry back to Ardrossan, and rode home. 85 miles all in. Hardly any wind, mild temperatures, and for once - no rain. So hopefully yes; spring may have sprung. But this is Ayrshire and it could all go horribly wrong again......
Perfect day for it, good effort. :thumbsup:

After the football I've been in the garage most of the afternoon getting the salt off various components of the bike. I've Just checked the weather, and I think tomorrow is the first morning for a while that the temperature is not due to get lower than +2. Not exactly spring, but enough to look forward to a commute ride without the salt on the road.

Alan O

Über Member
37 miles today, and it was the first time this year:
...my toes and fingers didn't get cold
...I didn't wear my under-helmet cap
...I removed a layer when out
...my hands were too warm in full-finger gloves

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
Thank you for reminding me of that delightful poem that google tells me is not by Ogden Nash or ee cummings or Tom Lehrer, but by that prolific writer, Anon.

The bird is on the wing,
How absurd
I always heard
The wing is on the bird!

(That's my version. Google offers many variants, often with Brooklyn "boid" spelling.)
I had always heard:

Spring has sprung,
The grass is green.
I wonder where the flowers been?

Certainly not here, we are still below freezing with terrible winds. At least it seems to have stopped snowing for now! We will wait and see, but I would like to ride without my lungs feeling like glass.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

The bird is on the wing,
How absurd
I always heard
The wing is on the bird!

TMN to you!
I don't know how I managed to miss that, given it was the post immediately before mine.
I must be losing my marbles ( or should I say moibles).

Top Bottom