Has the earth just moved on it's axis?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
I think the mass movement to Audi happened a while back. They now seem to be transferring their affections to Mercedes around here.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I think the mass movement to Audi happened a while back. They now seem to be transferring their affections to Mercedes around here.
Unfortunately true :sad:

Mercedes is one of my favoured brands due to running several of their vans over the years which instilled a deep respect of the design, engineering and ergonomics that went into the vehicles. Have never had a private car of theirs though and at the moment I cannot as the brand has been ruined by all the meme owners that have hijacked the brand purely for the image. I am not exaggerating when I say that the proportion of cars dropping off the kids at my young sons school is currently around 25% late registration Mercedes. This has just exploded in the last 4-5yrs.

LimeBurn

Über Member
No not sensitive just don't like band wagons :smile: In answer to your questions No BMW I drive a Kia, no pinerello I ride a Focus, No detached house its a semi-bungalow and I don't have a double garage either although I wish I did. And my kids ride specialized :blush:
OK, maybe I am jumping on the finger pointing, stereotyping bandwagon and what I have said is a bit tongue in cheek but, if I was asked on day one to pick out the parent that wouldn't be able to get there on time for two days on the trot, Mr BMW would have been high up the list.
To be fair I feel far more sympathy than hatred for him and his ilk, desperately trying to buy into an image with bags of cash (or credit?), having to get the 'now' must haves and once he has ticked off all the 21st century shopping list, hoping he belongs and fits in. I feel most sorry for his kids. Their bikes looked as though they had never been ridden since the day they left the showroom, I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if they had still had the tags on. I wonder when he last took his kids out for a ride?

Anyway, deep down I know not to judge a book by its cover and a stereotype is just that. Mr BMW is most likely just like the rest of us, struggling to balance work and family life while bringing up kids and paying the bills. It's just that in this case, for the brief time I spent in his company, Mr BMW conformed to the stereotype so well....

You seem a bit sensitive about this LimeBurn. You wouldn't happen to have a BMW and a couple of immaculate Islabikes sat next to your Pinarello in the double garage of your executive detached house would you? :tongue:

Top Bottom