Has your WhatsApp stopped working?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
What’s WhatsApp?

LWeleven

This has been happening for a while with APPS Apple are updatIng all APPs slowly I had to get rid of my old iPad last year as my bank app stopped working , something to do with ‘BITS’ I think 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
google apps for chat has also gone / going it’s now intergrated into there email APP

is anyone using a macbook ?? Is it the same on them as I’m contemplating trying one instead of a IPAD

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Mine works fine but I have a newish phone. it doesn't suprise me though, everyone seems to be not supporting older operating systems. I guess becasue it's cheaper to just provide maintenance and support for only the latest OS. It still surprises me to see fairly big companies whose apps don't seem to work at all anymore, like Toolstation

a.twiddler

Veteran
Transferred to Signal when Facebook took over WhatsApp. Signal is what WhatsApp used to be before Facebook acquired it, with their casual attitude to users' data confidentiality. It was developed by Brian Acton, co founder of WhatsApp .

To get back on topic, it's all part of the creeping pressure to buy new products when the old ones physically work fine, just to be able to do what you have been accustomed to doing. One of the worst aspects of the consumer electronics industry.

Tenkaykev

Guru
This has been happening for a while with APPS Apple are updatIng all APPs slowly I had to get rid of my old iPad last year as my bank app stopped working , something to do with ‘BITS’ I think 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
google apps for chat has also gone / going it’s now intergrated into there email APP

is anyone using a macbook ?? Is it the same on them as I’m contemplating trying one instead of a IPAD
I’m using a MacBook Air, one of the ones with the M1 processor. I got the base model with Student discount. There’s a free app, “ WhatsApp for Web “

Tenkaykev

Guru
interesting 👍
I have Signal, it’s a great app, the difficulty being family and friends all using WhatsApp and their reluctance to switch from what they’re familiar with.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
To get back on topic, it's all part of the creeping pressure to buy new products when the old ones physically work fine, just to be able to do what you have been accustomed to doing. One of the worst aspects of the consumer electronics industry.
Just a couple of months after discovering that Samsung's latest update had removed basic & useful functionality from its native photo editing app, I turned on recently to discover that they've now decided to replace their old visual format for the clock (including alarms, timers and so on):

1635763590426.png

...with a new look, clearly designed with the retarded in mind:

1635763646783.png

Ugly, gormless, and so poorly rendered it actually cuts off the tops of the main digits. I hate it. And I suspect that's the idea. Call me paranoid, but I think Samsung (they're probably not alone in this, but I think they're more cynical and brazen than most) have a deliberate policy of actively degrading the user experience of their older phones, to nudge people, bit by bit, into buying a new one.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My Granddaughter's iPhone 6 (iThink) should have stopped running WhatsApp but it still appears to be working.

Maybe if it updates, it'll not work.

Top Bottom