Has your WhatsApp stopped working?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Vodafone was down earlier, for those reporting problems. Not certain if they have it fully operational yet or not.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Some kind of thing to do with stuff, I gather.

Imaginary stuff I suspect

SydZ

Über Member
I’m using a MacBook Air, one of the ones with the M1 processor. I got the base model with Student discount. There’s a free app, “ WhatsApp for Web “
Surely WhatsApp for Web requires a functioning version of the app on tour Android or iOS phone as it requires you to scan a QR code from the app?

Those who can no longer access the app on older devices will be unable to scan the requisite code.

keithmac

Guru
Just a couple of months after discovering that Samsung's latest update had removed basic & useful functionality from its native photo editing app, I turned on recently to discover that they've now decided to replace their old visual format for the clock (including alarms, timers and so on):

View attachment 615944

...with a new look, clearly designed with the retarded in mind:

View attachment 615946

Ugly, gormless, and so poorly rendered it actually cuts off the tops of the main digits. I hate it. And I suspect that's the idea. Call me paranoid, but I think Samsung (they're probably not alone in this, but I think they're more cynical and brazen than most) have a deliberate policy of actively degrading the user experience of their older phones, to nudge people, bit by bit, into buying a new one.

This is my S20's, you new one looks "interesting" lol.

All 6 or 7 of my updates this year have mentioned security patches to the operating system.

I believe thats why certain apps will cease to function as it's a security risk eventually.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I don't have a smartphone.

What’s a smart?

Top Bottom