England : East Sussex Hastings to the Sea, Saturday 4 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
OUCH!!!!
Cruel and heartless, that’s what ;-)

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Starting at what time? (finger in air estimate)
So many questions!

Shall we say 10am? It could be earlier if everyone is straining at the leash, but the idea is to make it possible, or at least not impossible, for anyone coming from that London.

Ah, such are the quandaries of life.

Previously had expressed interest in Stu's IoW night ride on friday, thereby excluding me from this.
Then I discovered there is a gig I would like to attend in Brighton on friday night, thereby missing the IoW ride, and then this ride pops up.

So I could have a super ride either day, but which one?

A decision will be made in due course.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
A decision will be made in due course.

giphy.gif

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Pas de problem. Say hello to Mad Jack for me!
Actually, I dropped by his gaff this morning....
wUqAtSWZKfuLnhNqI6Zn1sZOQeyAHKnP2K5NKYPg4uiFrmU9PpXV9IrhLUBFua7MLOs5z49oHxW3W1l_QNw=w872-h654-no.jpg

Forecast was for a strong NE, and as Southern were managing to run a complete train service on the lines in question, I took advantage- early trains to Hastings (there at 7.40), along to Bexhill (parts of that off-road path are totally unsuitable for 25mm tyres!), then up to Brightling, along to Heathfield, down to the coast at Seaford, and then west to home. A reminder of how hilly that area is- over 4,200 ft of climbing in the ton, and nearly all of it was in a 30 mile stretch!

rb58

Enigma
Well, it's further to Hastings than I thought, so my plan will involve a train for at least part of the way. Other than that, I expect to be there well in advance of 10.00am. Maybe in time for brekkie. Where are we meeting?

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Well, it's further to Hastings than I thought, so my plan will involve a train for at least part of the way. Other than that, I expect to be there well in advance of 10.00am. Maybe in time for brekkie. Where are we meeting?
Hastings station.

Top Bottom