England : East Sussex Hastings to the Sea, Saturday 4 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
My eta there is 09:53. See you Saturday.
:wahhey:

rb58

Enigma
I may be a little before that, but will be seeking a breakfast somewhere. Either that, or I'll be on the train that arrives at 09:59. It's called the Skin Of Your Teeth train.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Think I'll leave The Tank at home and break out the Kent and East Sussex Light Wailway bike. Cobwebs may be removed, or not. The motor is chronically underpowered but the gearing is quite clever.

I've the body of a Greek god, I'll have you know.

Silenus.
I had a non-existent Classics education, so looked Silenus up. Given my professional background, I should be more knowledgeable.

A difficulty with ancient Greek or Roman art is deciding which is more accurate, both ostensibly Silenus :

this fellow-
S27.1Seilenos.jpg

or this priapic depiction -
[/SPOILER
image here

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I've just started riding again. Last nights 23 (flat) miles pretty much doubled my 2019 mileage. Knee seems to be ok. Planning on a couple of work commutes, 11 miles each way to build up.
All being well I'd like to be there. If so I'll be there at 9.10, if it goes wrong then 10.10. I'll keep you informed.
May be looking for breakfast too @rb58. I'll give you a shout on the way.

Ps. I know @theclaud 's route is a little tongue in cheek.... I mean, there are no hills in east Sussex. :cry:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I had a non-existent Classics education, so looked Silenus up. Given my professional background, I should be more knowledgeable.

A difficulty with ancient Greek or Roman art is deciding which is more accurate, both ostensibly Silenus :

this fellow-
View attachment 464570

or this priapic depiction -
[/SPOILER
image here
I couldn't possibly comment ;)

rb58

Enigma
May be looking for breakfast too @rb58. I'll give you a shout on the way.

My earlier train gets in at 9.19am. But I've decided to cycle the 20+ miles to Tonbridge and get the train from there, which, with the ride home afterwards will give me a century. So, barring mechanicals and missing the train, I'll be there soon after you. It looks like there's a Costa Coffee by the station which would do in an emergency.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
My earlier train gets in at 9.19am. But I've decided to cycle the 20+ miles to Tonbridge and get the train from there, which, with the ride home afterwards will give me a century. So, barring mechanicals and missing the train, I'll be there soon after you. It looks like there's a Costa Coffee by the station which would do in an emergency.

A dire emergency.... I want an omelette. :hungry:

Top Bottom