England : East Sussex Hastings to the Sea, Saturday 4 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Costa is definitely only good for emergencies. I think the station might be quite central, so I’m sure there’ll be other options. And eggs.
Eggs = Mungo's. But it doesn't open until 09:00 on a Sat iirc. Most of the best nosh in Hastings is south of the station towards, and on, the seafront. The area around the station is a bit sparse.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I probably spend too much time in and around Hastings & St Leonards. We are thinking of retiring there.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Eggs = Mungo's. But it doesn't open until 09:00 on a Sat iirc. Most of the best nosh in Hastings is south of the station towards, and on, the seafront. The area around the station is a bit sparse.
Your local knowledge might come in handy. Do you know of a decent boozer that has BT Sport and decent bike parking options? Moda looks OK on the Sport bit but possibly not the other two criteria?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Your local knowledge might come in handy. Do you know of a decent boozer that has BT Sport and decent bike parking options? Moda looks OK on the Sport bit but possibly not the other two criteria?
Don't do sport on telly in pubs, soz. Stag in Old Town has railings outside, as does the Cinque Ports but I usually sip in the Jenny or the FILO. Crown has outdoor seating. As does Albion with wheelbendervracks iirc. Royal Standard has outside space.

Do I go to pubs too often?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Streetview suggests Moda has some lampposts and a stack of bollards nearby but nothing I'd want to bolt my bike to for any period of time if it wasn't in my line of sight or that of trusted confederates.

rb58

Enigma
I'll not be making tomorrow sadly. less than 100 miles in 5 months and I just don't have the legs. I'm just riding a bit now so aim to be on the fridays ride to Maldon.
Who am i supposed to have breakfast with now? I'll probably go for the Just in Time train that is scheduled to arrive at Hastings at 09:59 and grab something on the train instead..
@theclaud - I've sent you a PM with my phone number in case of delays tomorrow.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Who am i supposed to have breakfast with now? I'll probably go for the Just in Time train that is scheduled to arrive at Hastings at 09:59 and grab something on the train instead..
@theclaud - I've sent you a PM with my phone number in case of delays tomorrow.

it's a bugger, just done a couple of 10-20 milers. definitely felt it. felt my knee slightly today. going to build up slowly for Maldon.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
That's a shame, Salters, but your legs know best.

I've just declared my evening faff complete.
I realised at tea time that no amount of faff-age (rhymes with barrage) would overcome the utter and complete level of undercooked that I will present on the morrow.

So naturally I got rat faced rather than sort myself out.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I didn't realise it was so dangerous hereabouts. In the event that I'm not there at the appointed time, I've probably succumbed to the serious crime epidemic.

IMG_20190503_234551176.jpg

Top Bottom