Hats off to Lemmy, RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I wish i knew how to link to BBC i player.
There is a documentary called Forever young, which has a very candid and poignant interview with Lemmy. It starts at 40 mins 45 sec if you down load it.
He talks about dying his hair to keep looking young, and his motto of Live Fast, Keep Going!

Blue

Legendary Member
RIP.
Saw Motorhead once and loved his contribution to Hawkwind.
A sad loss.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Wish I could still find my 7inch copy of Bomber on blue vinyl. Will have to make do with The Ace of Spades.
RIP Lemmy total legend.

Still got Ace of Spades (Gold), Bomber (Blue) and Overkill (Green) up at my Mum's house.

Motorhead was the first band I really got into when I was about 14. My first concert was (I think) Motorhead at King George's Hall Blackburn in about 1980. One of my great days out was the Heavy Metal Holocaust at Port Vale FC in something like 1982. Motorhead headlined

As I got older I got into all sorts of other music but I always had a soft spot for Motorhead's particular brand of thrash metal. We've all got to go sometime but there is always a bit of sadness when someone dies who formed part of your youth

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I saw Motörhead at their second gig ( I think, fairly certain) at The Wining Post in Twickenham. I thought they were blumen awful, but then I was into Slade and Sweet so what the feck do I know. Still, Lemmy was a rare thing in rock n roll, a survivor an innovator and a unique person. I reckon Ivor Novello should welcome him with a big hug at the pearly gates.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Motorhead was the first band I really got into when I was about 14. One of my great days out was the Heavy Metal Holocaust at Port Vale FC in something like 1982. Motorhead headlined

Wow. I could have wrote that. Same age. Motorhead where the first band I really got onto and was at that gig too. Vardis, Frank Marino, Triumph, Riot and Ozzy. It was '81

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Wow. I could have wrote that. Same age.
Me too. I saw them at 13 or 14, ears still ringing, Cornwall Coliseum.
My daughter at 15 years old saw them with her Mum recently.
It was always going to end suddenly for him, could have been in any of the preceding years really but it still feels too sudden.

R.I.P.

Here's The Young Ones University Challenge

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co9yv2NjyWs

cuberider

Über Member
Still got Ace of Spades (Gold), Bomber (Blue) and Overkill (Green) up at my Mum's house.

Motorhead was the first band I really got into when I was about 14. My first concert was (I think) Motorhead at King George's Hall Blackburn in about 1980. One of my great days out was the Heavy Metal Holocaust at Port Vale FC in something like 1982. Motorhead headlined

As I got older I got into all sorts of other music but I always had a soft spot for Motorhead's particular brand of thrash metal. We've all got to go sometime but there is always a bit of sadness when someone dies who formed part of your youth

It was 1981. I could hear it at work about a mile away. :music:

AndyRM

XOXO
Legend.

I saw them at Newcastle City Hall - an all seater venue. Security were weirdly strict about making sure folk stayed in their seats until Lemmy told them to do one.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I used to work in a pub on the Portobello Road years ago 70s, he and the rest of the band used to use it. He offered to put my mates on his guest list when they played Belfast. He liked a fruit machine bottle of Newcastle Brown and a roll and whatever else :smile:

Top Bottom