Have i been diddled ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Bought these off ebay listed as little use , when they came they seem ok but not as thick i thought they would be but the soles look brand new and have shimano branding with a different tread pattern to any northwave shoes i have ever seen or owned
1575705946925.png

Levo-Lon

Guru
The upper looks old to me, im a shoe letch, always looking at bike shoes , ive not seen that style of northwave ever.

It also looks like bonding agent all around the sole to me, you dont see that on cheap shoes let alone quality stuff.

I have a pair of celsius boots too and the soles are nothing like those
Just my 2p

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Is it worth a quick email to Northwave customer services with photos?
They could verify them, hopefully, or bring the wrath of the gods on whoever sold you these if they're counterfeit.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

seller responded
they will accept a return and also pay me en extra £4 for postage , sounds encouraging but they say northwave use shimano soles which i know is wrong in all the ones i have seen.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
They look fine to me, hardly worn but a really old style, probably been in the back of a cupboard for years. Weather you’ve been diddled or not depends how much you paid for them, £15 ish? Then I’d keep them and give them a try, bet they’re ok.
Similar style to the ones here.

Last edited:

dodgy

I have no idea if that's a genuine sole or not, but it looks remarkably fresh compared to the uppers.
My experience with Northwave kit is overwhelmingly positive, it lasts absolutely years.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

They look fine to me, hardly worn but a really old style, probably been in the back of a cupboard for years. Weather you’ve been diddled or not depends how much you paid for them, £15 ish? Then I’d keep them and give them a try, bet they’re ok.
Similar style to the ones here.

View attachment 495685
more than that ebay haze
posted anyway tracked to be signed for

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

I have no idea if that's a genuine sole or not, but it looks remarkably fresh compared to the uppers.
My experience with Northwave kit is overwhelmingly positive, it lasts absolutely years.
thats what rang alarm bells to me the soles looked mint compared to the uppers with no wear even from walking , i have 3 pairs of northwave and i really rate them which is why i went for them .

iluvmybike

Über Member
Those have surely been re-soled - my hubby has Northwave boots and there isn't anything Shimano about them

Top Bottom