Have you battened down your hatches??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
EQ0CbKnWAAAfLxT.jpg

johnnyb47

Guru
Is anybody here going to struggle tomorrow getting to work?
Looking at the road closures due to flooding it looks likely my commute will be around 20 miles longer each way.
Granted Its an insignificant problem compared to what other folks have gone through this weekend.

gavgav

Guru
Situation in Shrewsbury has deteriorated considerably, today. River now at highest level since 1998 and all routes into the Town Centre are impassable. It’s still rising, and currently 0.4m below highest ever level of 5.25m

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Three houses flooded here in Deri. You may have seen it on the news. Now we have sink holes and landslides too. More to come 😮

classic33

Leg End Member
Keep an eye on one.network for road closures and diversions. Fairly accurate and up to date.

A58 from Halifax to Stump Cross reported as flooded earlier today on the radio. It's only the high point between the two, and a climb out of town.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
A58 from Halifax to Stump Cross reported as flooded earlier today on the radio. It's only the high point between the two, and a climb out of town.

Interesting - it was fine both times I passed through today. Presumably in the dip at Lower Brear, where they've conveniently blocked up the gaps in the wall that used to let water flow away when the drains couldn't cope...

johnnyb47

Guru
I had to take a long detour to work this morning. By home time my normal route home was clear from the flooding but the carnage was there to see. Where the flooding was, there was a string off broken down cars that had succumbed to the flood waters.
Glad i took the long way round this morning

pjd57

Veteran
Wet and windy in Glasgow, but thankfully no major flooding.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Well, the 6 metres mentioned the other day did turn out to be very much an over-estimate and did get revised down as suspected. The Severn in Shrewsbury actually peaked overnight at 4.85 metres but that was plenty and it has caused a lot of bother with roads closed and properties flooded. I've been down to look over the last couple of days and to avoid too much repetition I'll link to ride reports with photos here.

midlife

Guru
Just had North West electric come and chop down a tree in our garden that had half uprooted and was leaning on one of their power lines. So that's three tees lost in total. :sad:

Mike_P

Guru
Just had North West electric come and chop down a tree in our garden that had half uprooted and was leaning on one of their power lines. So that's three tees lost in total. :sad:
Have they offered to replant and if so how many, at least two should be planted per felled tree due to amongst other matters the carbon storage a tree provides. If they have not ask them to explain why.

Top Bottom