Have you battened down your hatches??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Ohhh! Never knew that. I assumed as it was our tree on our land all they did was chop them down.

I'll ask them as they are coming back to finish the job. They were called away to Pooley Bridge. I was away in Durham today so didn't see them.

They felled one tree and cut the tops off two others. Bet the neighbours were pleased as the power went off for a few hours. Better than the tree actually falling right over and trashing the powerline.

Travelling south to Rottweil today the river Neckar was noticeably higher than normal, and had covered the odd section of riverside pathway on occasion. There was also a lot of water in the culverts running down the valley sides.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My sister in Towcester has lost fence panels on one side of her back garden, and a fence panel on the other side was mounted on top of a low wall and the flapping of the panel was enough to break the wall! :eek:
And then she lost her dog... He managed to get through the broken wall into the neighbour's garden and they had left their gate open so he went solo walkies!

Fortunately, another neighbour recognised the dog and grabbed him at the end of their road. She returned him before my sister even realised that he'd escaped.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yet another Saturday with storm force winds to come 🤷‍♂️
I just hope its not called storm Drago.....we will all be in the sh*t :wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We've lost part of our front fence at the caravan, no surprise really. I'll fix that in a week or so as we are postponing opening it up due to weather.

Top Bottom