Have you been Wordle-ing (no spoilers please)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Wordle 209 5/6

β—ΌοΈβ—ΌοΈπŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β—ΌοΈ
β—ΌοΈβ—ΌοΈπŸŸ©β—ΌοΈπŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©β—ΌοΈπŸŸ©β—ΌοΈβ—ΌοΈ
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β—ΌοΈ
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Another 4 for me.

SydZ

Über Member
Wordle 209 5/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

davelincs

Wordle 209 3/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I seem to do well in this Wordle game, better than quiz of the week

Wordle 209 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Not bad for me today

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Struggle today. Just made it. :laugh:

Wordle 209 6/6

⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Wordle 209 4/6

🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Wordle 209 4/6

🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I'm keeping an eye on the results of your method. It's early days in the life of the thread but so far it seems the Word Shapists are seeing quicker results than the Ruthless Letter Eliminators.

Wordle 209 2/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I'm keeping an eye on the results of your method. It's early days in the life of the thread but so far it seems the Word Shapists are seeing quicker results than the Ruthless Letter Eliminators.

Wordle 209 2/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I think the word shapist method is more likely to get a quick result, but also more likely to fail. Ruthless Letter Elimination also has to switch to Most Likely Current Final Word at some point.

Of course, skill makes a difference in average, and luck to a large degree in any given word.

If you're really into getting the best possible average result, entropy maximisation is where the cool kids are at.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/grainsandfluids/status/1476223189738930176

[Edit: many years ago, I did very briefly study information theory. Never properly understood it, I'm afraid]

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Crashed and burned yesterday, as I don’t spell American. Today, if I had had the courage of my own conviction I would have got it sooner, but it was a double letter and it was line 2 and I was trying to get more letters either ruled in or out of the game. With only 6 lines, there is pressure ^_^
Does anyone start with the same word? I do, which is why I ask the question. I use the one with the most vowels that I can think of.
This is usually my approach. Today I changed tack and tried a word with only three vowels.

You can see what happened below. At line three I was left with a choice of three possible solutions. I went with the word I thought most likely to be in common usage and struck lucky. Tomorrow I'm going back to one of my usual starting words. I was ready to fail after line three!!

Wordle 209 4/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

PaulSB

Legendary Member

Wordle 209 2/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I think it's a combination of both. First line I'm an eliminator, a good result and I switch to shaper but if, like today, it's a bad result my line two is another elimination round. Usually, like today, this means line three can be a combination of elimination and shaping. Today then became in lines 4, 5, 6 a straight guess as there were only three possible combinations across six letters.

Top Bottom