Have you ever forgave a Cheat ?

Have you ever forgave a Cheat ? (Relationship)

• No

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
rich p said:
I did once snitch a girlfriend off a mate when he was away on holiday:ohmy:

He forgave me and is still a friend. She subsequently dumped me!

I'm not surprised He forgave you! You did him a favour!!!;)

As for me, (if you want to know)? i think one of my exes did cheat on me towards the end of the relationship, but I just didn't care by then.

I also did cheat on a girlfriend, and to be honest I wouldn't have expected her to forgive me !!!! It just served to tell me the relationship was over!(Not proud of it though):biggrin:

I know people make mistakes, but to go to the trouble of sleeping with someone outside the relationship, it's a really big thing and if the person is caught then I think there is always a price to pay for infidelity! Even if it is not the end of the relationship then, the price is that the trust has been broken!!! Is it worth it?????

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes, bitchcnutslagwhorecow of first wife... should have walked...

ChrisKH

Guru
Let he/she who is free from sin, and all that. We're none of us perfect (except me ;)).

Life is too short. Be pragmatic and operate a two strikes policy.

Fortunately, I'm not aware if anyone has cheated on me.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I think I'd find it almost impossible to forgive a cheat, although I would hope to be able to be such a forgiving person (although I doubt I am). And I would fear very strongly the 'leopard never changes his spots' idea, plus the lying and evasion that must go on for a cheat would make me reconsider the basis upon which my relationship was structured (this is all hypothetical, of course, as I don't believe I've ever been cheated on). So if it happened it would be a herculean effort to get over it.

However I do think there's a bit of a difference between cheating on someone in a casual relationship that seems to be fizzling out and cheating on a long-term marriage/relationship where the two couples are committed. However I still hope of my fellow humans that in the first case, the relationship is ended before people move onto the new person. I can never quite understand why people don't do it in this order. But I'm probably incredibly naïve and with an unrealistic view of general morality.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Everyone lies. Society wouldn't function without deception. And if we think we aren't lying to others at least sometimes, they we certainly lying to ourselves.

ChrisKH

Guru
Flying_Monkey said:
Everyone lies. Society wouldn't function without deception. And if we think we aren't lying to others at least sometimes, they we certainly lying to ourselves.

I think it depends on what level. I'm a firm believer that the more you lie, the harder you make it for yourself. Yes, we all tell small ones ("the cheques in the post", "no your bum doesn't look big in that") but I tend to tell the truth whenever it involves fundamental issues as a matter of principle. Mentally I don't have what it takes to carry off great acts of deception.

I may be going around in a world of my own but in all my years it has not come up so I can't answer the poll.

I have been married for 20 years and as far as I know neither of us strayed.

I was a bit of a git to my last Girlfriend before future wife. She used to live a distance away and came down at weekends. I started seeing Mrs OTH to be on weekdays and other girl at weekends. Mrs OTH had known I was seeing weekend girl and basically as our relationship developed she said "dont you think you should stop seeing the weekend girl"
Following weekend had already been arranged so girlfriend came down. Shagged her all weekend and then broke up when she was about to get on the train home. I feel a tiny bit bad about it still. Amazingly she still is a good friend.

Top Bottom